About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

3 out of 5 grandsons are here! Missing the other two!

Set the alarm yesterday morning (Monday) for 0400 because I was hoping to get out of here by 0530 or 0600.  Coffee, computing and getting ready I made it by 0530.  I went interstate 80 because on 50 they have the road to one lane for quite a while because during some of the rains part of the highway gave away. 

Pretty much an uneventful drive. The snow is so pretty and tons of it. Because I was driving, no pictures :(
I went up  to visit Bryan and Adam for a few minutes before heading down and picking up Mason.  It was nice to see them and Lucy and Raider too.  Raider is still a pup and way too much energy for me.  Lucy's more my speed.  The little queen is up on the couch with her blanket, happy as can be.  She seems to enjoy when Bryan picks her up too..:)  

Left there and visited a few minutes with Seth as he's headed for Washington DC and New York City.  He said in New York they're going to a Broadway play...can't imagine who designed this trip for 40 ninth to twelfth graders.  Hoping he has a wonderful time!  

We left there and headed to Roseville to meet up with Jacob and Aaron. They had dentist appointments so I found a parking place and let Lori know we were there.  A few minutes later..there they were and off we went.  Stopped to get gas and then by Jack in the Box for lunch for 3 hungry boys.  I brought a salad and ate that.  Funny fast food just doesn't appeal anymore (except the fries looked awesome)...hey, I'm not dead yet just trying to make better choices..hahaha...
The dirty snow at the rest area..but still a lot
of it..

We got home about 1600 so not too bad.  The kids busied themselves either in or outside.  I had put on some chicken breasts in the crockpot before I left yesterday so it was good and done.  Add some bar b q sauce for the kids and pulled chicken sandwiches for dinner.  

Mason and Aaron at the tractors

Aaron on the left, Mason on the right..these kids just grow too
quickly..
Hmm..either this kid's too tall or our
door jambs are too low..better duck, Jacob
6'3"...

Ken went to Walmart yesterday and picked up some bait for fishing later in the week (as long as the weather holds)..he got quads loaded and ready for Wednesday.  Guess we'll take the bar b q and have some hot dogs for lunch out there..should be fun if all goes as planned.  

Well, time for pancakes..:))

No comments:

Post a Comment