I've had several people ask me for a couple of my recipes so thought I'd do a post with a few. If you don't want to know about zucchini crust pizza or cabbage lasagna just go ahead and move on :) Stacey, tomorrow Apple Banana Bread...
Zucchini Crust Pizza
About 2 cups (or more) grated zuchinni, packed loosely into measuring cup (I always do more as we have a 16 inch pizza pan around 4 cups)
1 large egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella, either pre shredded or hard mozzarella from a block (that's what I use)
1/4 cup coconut flour
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using parchment paper to line the pan, spread out the grated zucchini in a thin layer. Bake for 10-15 min until zucchini is semisoft and fairly dry.
|Step 1..thin layer of just zucchini going into oven|
#2 method -- if you don't want to use the oven just get a lint free towel, put zucchini in and squeeze out the moisture over the sink. I used this method before discovering the oven method.
While that's cooking combine the eggs, mozzarella and coconut flour in a large bowl. Now is the time to add any seasonings (cracked red pepper, garlic powder) if you want. When the zucchini is done, mix into the bowl.
Lightly wipe down the pizza pan to get rid of any stuck on zucchini, grease the parchment paper or non stick surface.
Spread the zucchini pizza dough into a thin circle with your clean hands. Easy. You only want it about 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 min until there are brown spots on top.
|Going into oven for cooking|
|Coming out of oven |
Increase temp to 400 degrees. Let the crust rest for 10 min at room temperature. Top with your favorite sauce and toppings.
|This was a free form personal pizza for our neighbor|
worked out perfectly :)
|Fresh out of the oven..|
|Partway through dinner when it had cooled. |
This crust can be picked up, no fork needed!
Return to oven for about 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese on top melts. Let it cool a bit and enjoy!!
1 head of green cabbage
1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, chicken or hamburger
1 clove garlic or minced garlic from jar
2 cups or more sugar free spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu)
8 to 12 ounces cottage cheese (or ricotta)
2 cups mozzarella shredded cheese
1 egg (I don't use egg at all)
1 chopped yellow onion
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (we use more)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the cabbage into quarters cutting the stem off and place into boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes or until outside leaves are translucent and tender. Drain, set aside too cool.
3. Cook meat in large skillet. Add onion. Add garlic, and seasonings. Here's where I differ totally from the original recipe. I go to the fridge and grab any veggies I've got in there and chop them finely. Broccoli, squash, mushrooms, spinach..cook them quickly to release the juices and drain. Add to the meat mixture. Add spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, parmesan, and most of the mozzarella. Mix up.
4. 9x13 pan put down a layer of cabbage leaves, add half of the meat mixture, a little mozzarella on top. Another layer of cabbage leaves, the rest of the meat mixture and some more cheese. :)
|Just out of the oven! :) |
5. Bake 30 minutes covered then uncovered for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Let it cool as it can appear runny until it cools a bit. Even better the 2nd day!
I like to add a little hot sauce and some sour cream to mine..extra yummy!
Headed next door for a couple of Birthday Celebrations! Have a great evening!