About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Fan is up! A great day with Eric and Mason..Karen's bar b q

Eric and Mason got here near 1100 hours yesterday.  We talked and caught up for a bit.  Then out came the new fan!  Ken and Eric worked together, with Ken being the assistant.   We have a light that has been on the ceiling ever since we moved in, and has never worked.  It's ugly but now thanks to Eric it works!  We'll buy a new one for the next time Eric visits and he said he can change it out in about 15 minutes.   

Eric and Ken opening the fan box...


The old, ugly fan..

The ugly light that has never worked..now it does..

The new fan going up..
 So after a couple of hours we have this beautiful new fan up.  Apparently the wiring was funky, but Eric was able to get it figured out which is why the one light works and so does this beautiful fan!  Thank you Eric!! 
My new fan! 
I broke my rule!  I decided to let the boys bring in the table and really glad I did! Only the curtains and the floor to be installed, but love the table and chairs!


I love it!



 I made sandwiches for lunch around 1300 for Ken, Eric and Mason.  I had a low carb 1/2 tortilla with some lunch meat, it was yummy and the boys liked their sandwiches.  Eric and Mason decided to go for a quad ride for a bit once the work was done! 
Mason, ready to ride!

Eric leading and Mason behind...

Eric coming back..

Mason coming back..
 They came back after a decent ride and then we decided to see about making a fire, and Ken bar b quing.  We visited and had a great fire. Karen, next door came over for a bit. John was on his way to Reno to pick up his daughter, Hannah and boyfriend Jack from the airport.  We all had a nice visit, glad she got to meet Eric.  She met Mason last summer.  
Love the fire pit!
 Ken made delicious burgers for dinner and I added some french fries and onion rings to the mix.  After that, back out to the fire!  Ken and Eric were out until near 0100 and I went in earlier.  Alot of wonderful conversation and some beer drinking going on.  I had my wine but love it when we can get together and visit.  :) 
3 of my favorite boys...Ken, Eric, Mason :) 
 I got up around 0700 this am (Sunday) and Eric followed a few minutes later.  We had a couple cups of coffee together and about 0820 I woke Ken up.  Mason wanted his traditional pancakes with chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and ice cream.  Eric had a couple of egg, bacon and cheese english muffins and Ken had one too. I love cooking when the kids are here no matter how old they are!  :) 
Bye Eric and Mason...travel safely!
A little after 1000 Eric and Mason left for home.  Bye Guys! I spent a little time cleaning and then about 1230 Karen texted and told us to come over.  They were bar b  quing and wanted us to meet Hannah and Jack.  We had a nice time visiting and a delicious linner was had by all. Hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, onion rings and homemade macaroni salad....YUM!  Nice kids.  They are taking the car John bought Hannah for her 18th birthday and headed home to Oklahoma tomorrow.  They will be stopping to smell the roses at Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and other points on the way home :) 

John started a huge fire in the fire pit and about 1730 we headed home.  They have an early morning, John starts a new job tomorrow in CA for a few months.  He'll be helping PGE check their lines. We'll be keeping an eye on Karen for him. :) 

I did text Leslie this afternoon with a couple of pictures of the table, chairs and cabinets. She is who we bought the table from a few weeks ago.  She was happy her table found the "perfect home"...we are too! 

Have a great evening everyone!


10 comments:

  1. The kitchen is looking pretty. I love how your table fits so wonderfully. I agree the grey above the cupboards does look better, not that the red was bad, the cupboards just pop nicer. Good looking crew putting up your fan...:} Can't wait for the pictures of the curtains and the floor. How is Ken doing? I would guess he, well both of you, will be glad when the surgery on his shoulder is done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! I know the table fits perfectly! His shoulder is killing him! It's seems to have even gotten worse in the last few days, so yes can't wait for next Monday! I emailed the girl we bought the table from with a picture of her table..and she said she was glad it found the "perfect home" :)

      Delete
  2. The Kitchen is really coming together nicely.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rick! Glad you like it, we are happy :)

      Delete
  3. So nice to had the company and getting your new fan installed and working. Love your Kitchen reminds me of the kitchen table and chairs we had as kids growing up in the 50's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George! I think the memories are why I like it so much too!

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is looking gorgeous!! Look how the plan in your head is coming together. I wouldn't have been able to wait for the floor to be laid either. Great job to you, Ken, Eric and Mason. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised it has come together so well..Thanks Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to spend time with family and get some work done as well. Very nice of Eric to help when Ken isn't able to do this. Very thoughtful.
    I love the kitchen. The grey is much nicer than the red, helps to even out the brightness I think. I'm glad to hear you are very happy with the results so far!! Always a good thing, instead of having it completely done and then wanting to change something.
    Hopefully Ken's shoulder stays the same until surgery. I'm sure surgery can't come soon enough for him.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Deb..we are very happy with it! You're right when you say surgery can't come soon enough..it is killing him right now..of course i have to struggle to not say "If you had done it back when DR said your shoulder was shot..you'd be done healing by now" haha. We will be glad when the healing has begun! It was sweet of Eric to come over and do this for us..Love our sons!

    ReplyDelete