About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, February 22, 2018

A quick (well as quick as it can be) trip to Carson City..a new salon in town.

Got a call this am at about 0630 and it was our neighbor, Joe asking if we were up for a Dini's trip for breakfast this am.  Believe it or not, we had just woke up and I was in the kitchen getting our first cup of coffee.  I was awake in the middle of the night for a few hours, and upon falling to sleep 0630 was our wake up time. 

Took the coffee and caught up with our friends blogs, but didn't have time to comment (that was done this evening).  We picked up Joe about an hour later and headed to town. Boy was it cold, but no snow :(  A delicious breakfast, eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast for $2.99! Can't beat that during the week. 

I looked out the window and saw that we have a new hair salon in Yerington, Van Ness Salon..sounds fancy doesn't it.  I usually have to go to Gardnerville or Carson City to get my hair cut, which is why it doesn't happen enough. 

After breakfast Ken and I decided to make the trek to Carson City to see if Verizon could get my pictures and contacts to my new phone.  We waited about 45 minutes and found that after about 2 minutes with the girl that helped us, it was not to be..oh well.  Most of my pictures had been used on the blog or Facebook. I don't use my phone for pictures most of the time anyway.  Inputting the contacts will suck, but what the heck?! I probably had too many anyway right? 
Just some beautiful clouds on the way to Carson City


On our way home..just love the clouds..




Lines on the road are a brine the Department of Transportation
puts on the road to keep it from icing up..

We left there and headed home.  The wind was howling!  When we got into Mason Valley we saw there was a lot of sand/dirt blowing in the air..well, at one area we got into zero visibility!  You couldn't see a thing like a white out, we could see the big semi that was almost in our lane as we pulled over! It was short lived but still scary!  We were in one years ago in Milford, Utah..scary, scary! 
The sandstorm we were in at before..we got to zero visibility..
too scared to take pictures in the middle..

Ken turned around to get a look at it

Trailer going in..

following the trailer in

Trailer's gone! 

Almost home..just loving the clouds..


We got home about 1330 and I headed to town to check out the new salon, get or mail stopped and a quick trip to Scolari's.  

Finally got my hair cut and I love it! Her name is Shari and she moved to Yerington from Reno in December.  She lives on the street behind us, lived near us when we were in Colfax and she came from Sacramento area where we grew up too! I was there quite awhile, but again like talking with an old friend! She had a special going so for only $9.95 I got a hair cut, blow-dry and style for that price..Of course I tipped her well, and know i'll be back! Love to see new, small businesses in our little town. 

Ken was home, loading firewood and a lot of other stuff.  So we're pretty much ready to head out, hopefully tomorrow, but we'll follow the weather. 
Wind coming from the north..

Can't see it but we had snow flurries..

After commenting on our friends blogs, Ken called his mom and I started this blog. We looked out the window and could see it snowing, but it's Nevada so a few minutes later it quit! Oh well..

I'll get this posted and we'll enjoy the night!  Have a good one! 

8 comments:

  1. We have been lucky and never been in a bad sand storm but several white outs over the years. Scary for sure.
    I love clouds especially the white fluffy ones that move and change shapes against a deep blue background. Enjoyed your cloud pictures.
    Sorry about your phone...I so dislike having to re-put the contacts in. It has only been a year and I am still working on Tom's phone...lol
    Safe travels when you get to leave...hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, got to say clouds fascinate me..Ken read the post (my proof reader) and he says, yep it's obvious you like clouds. haha. We're planning on leaving late morning..yees!

      Delete
  2. Bummer losing all your phone information.

    Got caught in a Florida downpour that scared me. Blinded for a minute or so. Don't want that again.

    Lots of pretty cloud pictures.

    Have a safe start to your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, especially when Verizon set up my last phone, but oh well..It's a horrible feeling when you can't see going down the road for sure.I love the clouds, so I know I go overboard. thank you , we're planning on leaving late morning. :)

      Delete
  3. An interesting day great breakfast, hair cut, but the close cool in the store gets your heart thumping, too bad about your phone.
    Safe travels if the weather lets you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy lady, however it sounds as if you enjoyed your day a great deal. Well, except for the sand storm. I've never been in one but I know about white outs and it certainly would be scary. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    Nice to frequent the small town businesses if possible. Nice that the two of you had so much in common. Sounds like a friendship in the making.

    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're keeping yourselves busy.
    It's not fun driving in White-out conditions especially when you know there are some fools that don't slow down.
    Nice when new businesses come to the community.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your next trip.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you found Shari. I too like to support our small businesses. Growing up in Yuma I saw plenty of sand storms and they are no fun at all. Of course, when I was a kid Yuma was much smaller....the avenues weren't paved....yikes so much dirt and dust! Today looks good to start your trip. We are planning our get away for tomorrow. Safe travels. Oh I just thought of something funny. A few years ago I was watching a "crime show". The detectives were trying to find the killer by following the "gun trail". At one time someone in Yuma had owned the gun but then the gun was traced to someplace like Indiana. So the commentator said "from the dusty little town of Yuma AZ the gun travelled to Indiana". I couldn't stop laughing! Love you.......Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete