About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

We're back in Quartzite for a few days...

Sunday we stayed home in Yuma to watch the pregame and Super Bowl.  I made some dips and snacks and we enjoyed the day.  Never watched the pregame stuff before but that was so much better than the Super Bowl.  During pregame they had the Nasa Astronauts up in space (amazing isn't it)..then Johnny Cash and " This ragged old flag"..and Zac Brown did "My Old Man" wow..talk about tear jerkers!  So honestly I don't care if I ever watch another Super Bowl..I will definitely watch the pregame.  

Monday, we headed  into town and got a few groceries, back home in time for lunch. 

Yesterday morning we got ourselves together slowly, took a bike ride and then finished loading up.  We got here to Quartzite in time to have  lunch about 1300.  We stopped at a park and then came to find our home for a few days.  

We are at LaPosa South which is just a bit south of town.  It does have a dump station hopefully we can use before we head for Parker, AZ on Saturday.  

Right now we know we'll be home on February 22nd.  I have a lab appt in Winnemucca that day so after that we'll head home.  

Just enjoying the temps today of about 77.  We'll run to town and refill a propane tank and then just hang out I'm thinking.  

I really enjoyed the Yuma LTVA.  Think that's my favorite, people are friendly and seem so slower paced. Next year we're hoping to get to South Padre Island in TX.  

Got some sad news the other day.  My cousin, Erika over in Austria has been diagnosed with Dementia.  She has no short term memory at this point.  Her daughter, Lilly said her life is still good but they (the kids) are sad watching her deteriorate.  Erika's mom died of the same disease several years ago.  My mom was in the beginning stages when she passed away.  Doing some serious thinking that I will be making a trip over to Austria later this summer.  


Russell posted this as a proud father the other day..so I'm posting as a proud grandma...This was written by Jacob, 15.  Thought he did an awesome job.  Just goes to show it's the little things that you don't think matter, that do...



No comments:

Post a Comment