About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, February 4, 2017

It's Saturday and Military Appreciation Day in Yuma...

We headed into Yuma and stopped by the Territorial Prison there..we did the tour last year but Ken bought himself a nice hat while we were in the gift shop. 

Headed over to Old Town and walked over to Prison Hill Brewery and Restaurant.  Nice place.  I haven't been feeling up to par these past few days but planned on enjoying lunch there.  As soon as i walked back to the table broke out in a cold sweat and kinda nauseous.  I didn't say anything as I didn't want to ruin Ken having a couple of beers and a good lunch. (Of course he wasn't happy with me when he figured out what was up with me)..

They do have their own brand beers and the food looked awesome!  I ordered a side of macaroni salad, but couldn't eat it.  Enjoyed our time there and then afterwards we walked a bit about old town.  Kind of a shame, as it seems they're trying to make a comeback but a lot of empty storefronts.  
Ken's lunch..Turkey, bacon, avocado,cheese..yumm
house cooked potato chips and fries..

We just liked this pic



Came back home after that, and I enjoyed my kindle and being outside. Later came in to catch up on the AZ news.  

Ken was so stuffed from lunch he didn't want dinner and neither did I.  So we enjoyed a nice fire outside for awhile courtesy of our "Little Red Campfire" we bought last year.  Came inside for Last Man Standing...we love that show.  

Today we are heading into Yuma (I know ...again)..for Military Appreciation Day.  We'll go see what it's all about and then pick up some ice and whatever else we need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment