About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Quiet Sunday in the South...

August 26th...Sunday in the South...Ken worked on the yard and I went to the town of Lewisburg to pick up a few groceries..Made some raisin bread, which is really good but not for Ken's olive and peanut butter breakfast he makes but still yummy.  Made it with whole wheat flour and it turned out really good.  

I love Sundays here driving through town, churches are in session and then later kids are out in the heat running around.  Reminds me of being a kid in Arkansas and those summers. 

That being said we are going to try and get to Sikeston this week to visit my Uncle Lewis and Aunt Irene.  Last time was in 1985 so it's about time.  Our time here is moving so quickly..it's amazing. 

Last night we made homemade veggie pizzas which turned out quite amazing if I do say so myself.  

Very hot and humid here.  Florida is getting alot of rain from tropical storm Isaac, so we'll see if we get any rain later this week.  

My veggie pizza!

Ken's pizza with olives and oysters!



August 27th Monday, going to town for a bit and then who knows what else...

No comments:

Post a Comment