About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Date with my Hubby!

August 23rd..Cornersville and Franklin TN....WEll today we decided to go to lunch and a movie. Haven't done that in ages and we have both wanted to see Hope Springs.  Movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep.  Here in Cornersville, if you want to go see a new movie looks like you have to go to Franklin, TN which is about a 45 min drive north of here.  So off we went to the big city!  

Ken needed to go to Sam's Club so he dropped me at Marshall's to look around, I had spent the day before in Columbia to see if I could find a few items of clothing but didn't go to Marshalls. I actually found a pair of shorts and two tops (one of them Arkansas Razorbacks) so came out a happy camper.  

We left there and headed for lunch at the Mexican Restaurant we went to last time we were in town. I swear, it's worse than Roseville at noon!! We left there quickly and found a TGIF that wasn't crowded, just expensive..won't do that again..$5.89 for a glass of wine, served in a huge glass but only 1/4 full..what a joke.  Lunch was fine, but expensive again. I had their black bean burger, which was excellent but again I don't expect ever to go back there. 

We left there headed for the movie theatre, $8.50 matinee price! ahhhhhhh, are u fricking kidding me? $11.25 if you go after 1730!  How can people making $11.00 an hour take their family to the movies?? I guess you wait for dvd, we could have bought the movie...It was good, we enjoyed it.  A tad slow, and too much old people sex for our tastes..but i'd watch it again..

We headed back home, watched the grass grow awhile and had a delicious salad for dinner (Ken had salmon burger to go with it).  

Tomorrow we are going to take a drive to Florence AL to visit the Target store there...why? just because!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment