About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Hanging out at home! :)

Sunday was a day of being outside! It was beautiful and in the high 70's! Of course it's Nevada so enjoy it while we can, as it's sure to change quickly.  I did a little planting of the flowers I bought the other day and Ken hung outside too. In the afternoon I caught him in the garage taking a little nap on the lounge chair we take camping.  
Ivy geranium ...hoping I can keep it alive! 


I came inside to make a salad and he came in shortly after, saying he got cold in the garage (told you it's Nevada) LOL!  

We cooked the pizza and I ran some pizza and salad over to Karen. I made some muffins and banana bread so shared that with her too. Visited for a few minutes but it was time to get home and enjoy our pizza, which we did.  We've both decided that we like the broccoli crust the best.  Very easy (especially if you have a food processor) and tasty. 
What was left of the pizza..so yummy! 

Monday morning I decided to get the paint brush out once again.  I had wanted to repaint the trim around our front door for quite awhile now. Just a freshening up and it definitely looks better!  

Ken got our sprayer and quad ready to go.  We have all kinds of weeds popping up all over the place!  It's a once or twice a year job to spray, as it's more than I can do with my partner, the Hula Hoe!  He checked out all the fittings and spray wands, he ran some water through it, but not the pesticide as you're not supposed to let it sit.  Of course the winds came up so that took care of it for Monday.  
More Marigolds in Russell's Mother's Day pot

Marigolds in Russell's MD Pot...

We did sit outside on the patio out front and had Happy Hour while Ken cooked up some chicken breasts for chicken sandwiches (for him) for dinner.  I enjoyed mine like a steak with some veggies. Yummy dinner. He had some fries to go with his.  

Tuesday morning dawned cloudy and windless! We did our thing to get going and just a few hours later the winds came up! Boy did they!  So, that nixed the idea of spraying :( There wasn't much Ken could do so later in the morning he got a few movies out and turned on The Bucket List.  We watched that movie in Mississippi several years ago in the cab over during a rain storm. Fond memories of that trip.  Eventually I finished my chores and grabbed my kindle to finish a book I started, did well, til the end of that movie and oh how it makes me cry! I mean boo hoo cry! But I love that movie! ;) 

So, the rest of the day was spent being couch potatoes and watching movies. Oh well, what do you do?!  Dinner was cooked as there was left over chicken which Ken had. I ate the veggies and a salad. Great dinner and easy! 

Wednesday morning I woke up at 0600! After being awaked for a couple hours in the middle of the night that's what happened.  So I started the coffee and crawled back into bed after turning on the heater.  It's a cold morning! Sun is shining.  Daughter in law Christina called as I was going out to get the coffee.  We had a nice chat while she drove to work.  Eric called last night, Bryan the night before and Cheryl too. Nice touching base with most of the kids!  

As I'm sitting here updating the blog, that old wind is back! UHHH..Today though, I'm finding something to keep me busy for sure! :) Have a great day! 


Zoomed in on Karen's flag..darn wind! But isn't she beautiful :) 



9 comments:

  1. Love days like that around home. You do what you need to do and then relax. Ontario is a lot like Nevada in weather. Don't blink, it will change. :) I change clothes often. haha
    Nice catchup post. I love the ivy geranium and the M.D. pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say that we love that movie too. I'm always crying at the end. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen it. Just bawling.

      Delete
  2. Omg Patsy me too! I'm not a big movie fan but the ones I like I can watch over and ivee! Yes I love the Mothers Day pots I just wish I could make the plants live longer! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to just be hanging around getting things done and enjoy a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a good day and good movie! Love being at home right now!

      Delete
  4. A fantastic movie. Love the ending.
    Try getting a bulb that waters the plants for you. Of course I have no green thumb indoors but I used to enjoy all my gardens outside. The flower pots are very pretty, Russell made some good choices.
    Our summer location is wind central. If we put the awning out no matter what time of day I can be assured the wind will pick up enough to tempt me to bring it back in. Some days it wins and some days I win. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should mention the bulb that waters, for some reason when I woke up in the middle of the night it crossed my mind and then I see this post from you :) I'm always excited to see what Russell picks..he does have good taste :) That's funny about your wind too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pots and wonderful plants. I used to put pots of geraniums on our front porch loved that punch of color.
    Sounds like wonderful days always like re-watching a movie I love.. We have that weather that changes from moment to moment in the UP, also, always need to be prepared for a sudden change...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Deb..don't have the green thumb like my daddy did but I try a few plants LOL. Yeah there's a few certain movies I can watch over and over! We are used to the changing weather here for sure!

    ReplyDelete