About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Let the decorating begin! The outhouse is done!






Here it is! All finished! Finally...

Tuesday morning had started out really cold 18 degrees, but it didn't stop there..15 degrees before it started to climb to a balmy 53 degrees in the sun! 
Yeah it's pretty chilly this time of year.  

Ken braved the chill and got started on the outhouse.  He got the 6 pieces of bender board on and then worked on taking the door down, insulating it and then getting it ready to be rehung.  

I was inside working on getting lunch stuff together, I like getting that done in the am so I don't have to do it right before we eat.  I found a recipe for Broccoli Tots on Facebook a week or two, so I've been dying to try it.  Very simple so I got all that together and put it in the frig to chill so hopefully they'd form easier. Took some chicken thighs out for Ken so I could bake them later in the day.  

After that I got on my painting clothes to go outside and work on my little shelves.  What a gorgeous gal I was in painted sweats, painted sweatshirt and cowgirl boots..yep, even Ken said I looked good...hmmm we've been in the desert too long! Haha..
Ready for use!

Distressed shelf..

Corner unit above the sink..

He got the door insulated and I went out to hold it while he put the plywood backing on the door. After our salad lunch we were back at it.  I got my shelves painted without too much on me.  He got the door up and the tin on the front.  I am so in love with this little room!  
Insulated and plywood on the door..

Unless you have followed along with me, nobody would believe how much time, effort and $$ this little thing took.  You can't take it with you right?  This is the last major project until Ken makes a cover for the Jayco in the future.  
There she is! :))


The finished door..

Ready for company! 

We called it an afternoon, and went inside as it was getting cold out there! Ken had kept the fire going inside all day. I baked his chicken and then made the broccoli tots..they turned out awesome!  Ken had been making fun of them all day, but even he liked them.  

Thank you all for following along on this outhouse adventure.  I appreciate you sticking with me/us! 
Broccoli Tots ready to cook..
Ready to eat..they were yummy! 

Awoke this am to 22 degrees so it's warmer than yesterday..haha...but we do have a little cloud cover.  The sunrise was so pretty today that I had to snap a few! 






Home today and getting the camper ready for tomorrow.  Joe's graduation and an overnighter at Washoe Lake State Park.  Let's get this day going!  Have a wonderful day!






4 comments:

  1. The outhouse looks awesome and your broccoli totes quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you George! Tots were definitely different but delicious!

      Delete
  2. I love the outhouse! You should christen it with a bottle of wine or something. Better yet just drink the wine and christen it with a bottle of cheap beer! Just smile at each other and look at how awesome it came out! You two did real good on the building, and the little shelves are just the right size. You could even add on another tiny room and put an old claw foot tub in there! (I'll stop at that suggestion, I can imagine your hubby will roll his eyes at that idea! ha..) Pam in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam..I love your ideas! Yeah I don't think I'm getting a tub and since we only have cold water in there I don't think i'll push it..haha..Thanks so much for following along, nice hearing from you :))

      Delete