About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

17 days and we're here in Cornersville, TN!! Part 2...tour of Don's new property!

Got up this am in West Memphis, AR...decided it was a good time to clean the camper and let the water run...I went over to the little kitchen the KOA has and ordered a biscuit and gravy breakfast...not the best I've ever had but the woman who was cooking was a doll!! She was from there, her grandparents owned the land next to the KOA for the last 130 years...started as sharecroppers and then eventually owned the land..they lease it now to farmers throughout the year...she was a sweetie!   Made an egg sandwich for Ken and we enjoyed our breakfast!   Left just about 1100 to head for Don's house.  

We arrived around 1700 and saw Don, Dana, Tara, Darryl and Devin, who has grown like crazy!!  Had a wonderful evening catching up with them and then started playing a game...aww gee now I forget the name...but will get it tomorrow..so much fun!!  Guys against the girls and just funny to see how different sexes come to conclusions on the questions asked...

A late bedtime, it's now after 0100...so off to bed I go!! Pictures tomorrow!

Well, I posted pics and discovered I probably posted pics I should have posted on a second blog...but since I posted them, decided to just include today's (April 6) on this one...

Got up this am and about 1100 we loaded into Don and Dana's truck and headed off to see the new 60 acres they bought...Can't believe how awesomely beautiful this property is!  The greenery, trees, plants and water is just incredible!  You really have to see it to believe it! 

Ken and Don unloaded the Barracuda and quad..Ken repacked the trailer...how he told me we would have an empty trailer going home for yard art...I just don't know..there's an awful lot of stuff on it...but let me see what I can do :)

The rest of the day i have to admit I didn't do much just enjoyed talking to Dana and getting caught up....Tara, Darryl and Devin had left today to spend some time with his brother and visiting Cameron.. their little angel.  

So it was quiet around here but ohhhh so nice!   Dana cooked up a nice dinner and we enjoyed talking around the table...about 2200 we headed for bed...It's raining, pretty steady right now but love the sound of the rain on the roof of the camper   :)))))


KOA W Memphis Arkansas

KOA

The view from our site...130 acres that has been in family
forever...beautiful

Memphis TN

Mississippi River

Crossing bridge into TN
Memphis TN

Just a barn I liked

It's Spring in TN

Don's driveway...

Don and Heidi coming out to greet us...

Some pics of Don's new property!





Love this creek, can u imagine how it will sound w more water?


The thorns on this bush...amazing..with beautiful delicate
flowers getting ready to bloom...

fixing a walkway across the water...

Love the creek!
Took us 21/2 hours to go 72 miles...that traffic looks like our
traffic did on I40 out of Memphis...it sucked!

Love the view!





No comments:

Post a Comment