About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Now I'm a Happy Camper!

Saturday morning we woke up and got ourselves going.  It was going to be another day at home so that's a good thing. Got some things done in the house while Ken worked at some things outside.  

Just a few pictures from last week when I didn't have a computer. Ken's doesn't count haha.
We've had quite a few of these lately!

Flourless muffins on the left, Ken's apple oatmeal on the right

Zucchini fries one evening..

John and Karen gave us this little frig for the bunkhouse. I
had Ken cut out the door and the frig fits perfect and still
fits the decor of the bunkhouse. 

Eventually I had myself psyched up enough to gather my camera and computer for the chit chat with the Geek Squad over the phone. With my old operating system on Mac I was able to plug in my camera and waalaa the pictures started transferring. Not so since I got it back. Once I got transferred to the level 2 tech it all began.  They downloaded my software from the camera (which never had to be done before) and were able to transfer pics from the camera to the computer.  The tech was very patient with me, as I'm no expert.  I wrote down the directions of how to do the transfer so we'll see how it goes. 
I found a recipe for my own taco seasoning mix..no salt or
preservatives and it's really good..This is looking at the bottom
of a clear bowl. 

Found a recipe for low carb taco chips. Low carb tortillas
cut into pieces and baked..this is less than 2 carbs! Beats the
17 or more in regular chips. Happy Camper here. 

My mama's turkey roaster..made a delicious one last week..

Turnip "mashed potatoes" yum!!

I had found that I couldn't comment on some of our friends blogs and some I could but wouldn't stay signed in the way it's supposed to..frustrating!  Spent some time googling some info and found it was probably in the privacy settings. Went in there and changed some things what? I really couldn't tell you. 

We were going to have Karen and John over for a fire outside but it was too windy here so we ended up going to their place where they have a wind block for their area.  Nice night, fire and music.  Even ended up dancing to a few songs in their back yard. We got home about 2200 and headed for bed. 

Sunday morning after a restless dream filled night we awoke near 0600 and started the coffee. Visited with our blogging friends and lo and behold I'm signed in just like before! This girl did a cheer (yes I did). I'm so happy! Took our time reading and commenting as it was another stay at home day!  Got some stuff cleaned up and a fire going inside. This morning was close to 33 degrees going to a balmy 55. So it's been a pretty laid back Sunday.  We watched a Boogey Man movie that wasn't too gory and had some snacks for lunch.  

Later in the afternoon we took the quad next door to pick up a flyer I made for Karen so I could make some copies for her once she added their ranch logo. I'll run them back over in a bit. 

Ken wanted tacos for dinner so we'll do that. Happy Hour here at home this evening. Nice, quiet Sunday..those kind of days are nice once in awhile. 

Hope you all enjoy your evening!  

4 comments:

  1. This is Patsy on Bill's laptop. Yay! So happy for you getting your Mac back. Now me, not able to get on internet for some reason (probably a simple thing but we can't figure it out) I feel like a am missing a body part without my laptop!! I'll have catchup blogging to do.
    All that baking, what did you think of the p.b. cookies? Bill wasn't as crazy about the 2nd batch because of the natural p.b., I think. Too bad, I still enjoy them and can eat them with ZERO guilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patsy! I love the PB cookies, having one right now with my coffee! YUM. All we ever buy for years is natural peanut butter (per doctor) so I don't even like regular anymore. We bought a jar to catch a mouse and I took a bite, don't like it (haha). I agree ZERO guilt! Look forward to your catch up!!

      Delete
  2. Nice that you finally got your Mac up and running and working good again.
    Being a Happy Camper is essential when living this lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how much you miss the computer when you don't have it..I agree with Patsy, like a body part is missing! Hate to say it but feel that way with the darn smart phone too! Yep it's nice to be happy isn't it?!!

      Delete