About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Home and then a trip to Gardnerville..time flies!

Gosh darn I can't believe it's Thursday afternoon already! Tuesday we stayed home and got things done.  I worked in the guest room cleaning out the closets and my sewing area. Funny how that area needs cleaning every 6 months or so. I actually turned the air conditioner on in the room during the afternoon. Ken worked on the Dodge truck and got the brakes put back together. Now on to mud flaps (CA requirement). 

Our neighbor, Karen called and invited us over for Happy Hour. I missed the call but we headed over about 1700.  She was making a bunch of lasagnas and sent us home with one! I had already made a couple of stuffed bell peppers so Ken had one of those and I ate the rice mixture without the ground turkey. It turned out yummy! 
The fields are so green around here

Love the mountains on the way to Gardnerville


Beautiful aren't they?

Wednesday morning I woke Ken up at 0500. I had been awake tossing and turning since 0300. We were heading to Gardnerville and Walmart because it was time.  We both made a sizable donation to Walmart. A stop at Smith's grocery too. It was still too early to head for Carson Valley Inn (CVI) so we took a little drive to check on a roundabout that will hopefully help with some traffic on highway 88.  They're not done yet, so we took a ride to Genoa, a cute little town that we visit when they hold the Candydance Festival in the fall. 
Near the little town of Genoa

Love this barn!


Genoa, the first establishment in Nevada..1851


Looks nothing like the town does at the end of September

Look Doug! Silos in Nevada

It was just after 1300 when we got to CVI.  Carmen, our favorite waitress waved us over and before you know it, our beer and wine was on the table. An awesome lunch and service one more time. On the way home, I had my little nap and before you know it we were home. 

About 1700 we headed over to Karen's as she was going to show us how to water and take care of her animals.  She was going to be joining her hubby, John in Tonopah for a few days. A friend of the family is going to be staying there, but for future use we figured it would be good to know. We had a few drinks and conversation and came home. 

I heated up her lasagna, not that we needed it after the lunch we had. It was so good! Can't even remember the last time we've had lasagna with noodles as I usually use spaghetti squash. Gotta admit, didn't help my tummy any having that much food and going to bed. 0100 I was awake, learned my lesson! 

Up at 0540 and we did our visiting, coffee, tea and some banana bread I made Tuesday. I had a hair appointment at 1000 in town and Ken was fixing a water leak next door. Mailed some Mother's day cards to some special people I used to work with and headed back home. 
My egg beaters with mushroom, onion and homemade salsa so yum!
Ken's eggs with olives and cheese in the background..

I hung out some clothes and got lunch together for the two of us. It's so warm here today (all week) so salad was perfect. Ken headed back next door and I just piddled around the rest of the afternoon. 

Tomorrow I'll cook a ham and make some spinach dip for Mother's Day. Ordering some Winco chicken too for lunch at my sister's.  Saturday we'll head over the hill and spend 2 nights at the Days Inn in Rocklin, CA. We'll head back home on Monday. 

Have a great rest of the day! 

8 comments:

  1. Could you provide the Beer Margarita recipe please. The link you posted went to Deb's blog but not the page with the recipe. Thx !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beer Margaritas click my link http://georgesweberq100.blogspot.ca/search/label/Beer%20Margaritas

      Delete
    2. Thank you bonkers for asking..and george for providing the link. My next blog I will list the recipe for those of us who are not computer inclined such as me :))

      Delete
  2. Amazing where the time goes,and the weather sounds wonderful. You guys are always busy there. keep enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George, we are enjoying what every day brings. We are blessed to wake up!

      Delete
  3. Nice that you have steady warm weather, I'm envious but positive it is coming to us soon!
    I love that barn too! Your lunch looks like a breakfast quesadilla, yummy!
    Nice to have time to putter around at what you want. I like those times too. Little things get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patsy. Breakfast actually ends up being a big taco on a spinach shell..tastes so good you'd think it was bad for you. Today is cooler but it will warm over the weekend. 85 when we're in CA..gotta love those shorts weather days!

      Delete