About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, May 21, 2018

A beautiful baby shower for a wonderful couple!

Ken got me all ready to go this morning while I was getting ready. He loaded the little ice chest with waters for the drive down and some wine for later! All packed in ice, nice huh?! He filled the car yesterday with gas so I was set to go! So grateful he takes care of the little things for me. 

I left the Washoe Lake State Park a little after 0900.  Got on the freeway headed towards Reno and then towards Sacramento. The rest area at Gold Run was CLOSED and it appears it will be that way for a long time. Stopped in Auburn at Burger King in place of the rest area.  

Traffic wasn't bad being Sunday but it certainly got worse as I neared Auburn and all the way to my turn off.  It took about 2 1/2 hours to get to Linda's house so I pulled up just about 1140.  

People were arriving and about 1230 or so food was being served. It was a definitely hot day! It was nice visiting with people I don't see very often and just catching up.  Eric and family were there so that was nice.  Russell and Lori had a beer event they've had tickets to for awhile. Bryan and Cheryl were working, but 1 out of 3 kids isn't bad. 
Instead of a cake they had donuts! All pink and white, looked
delicious! Love how it spells out her name..

After eating the delicious food they had catered Dusty and Chelsea started opening presents. That kept them there for quite awhile. Owen enjoyed playing with many of the friends that showed up. It was really nice to see these young families, many with one or two kids, or some pregnant with their 1st or 2nd child. Reminded me of those days oh so long ago :) 

After opening gifts people started to leave and eventually it was just my two sisters, Tasha, Bobby, Dusty, Chelsea and Owen left to chit chat a bit. I left a little after 1700 and checked into the room just before 1800. 

A nice room, great air conditioning! Honestly, I got my jammies on, poured a glass of wine and crawled under the covers (yes I have it very cold in here!). 
Just being lazy, catching up on emails etc. 

Ken made it home safely and was visiting with neighbors this afternoon. 

Tomorrow, I'm meeting Adam for breakfast at 0930 or so. After that I'll start the trek home. I love getting to spend some time with my sisters and glad I got to today. 

Grandson Mason said he and his cousin Aaron were figuring between the two of them when they could come and stay at our house. So that should be happening soon! Glad they still want to come! 

That's it for today.  I'm ready to grab my kindle and read myself to sleep! Have a wonderful night! 

Below is probably an overload of baby shower pictures.....*click and pic will enlarge* 


Bobby (right) talking with his neighbor

Cute idea of little dresses on a line..

My dau in law, Christina, Mason, Seth and Eric in background

Libby sitting, Kim standing..

There's the pretty mama talking w friends..

Lance on the right..

More people..

Libby, Kim and my baby sister Linda..wearing her proud
Promoted to Grandma again..2018

Donuts and more donuts!

This little one loved the steering wheel and horn..:)

She loved the sand box..such a cutie

Christina talking with Denise..Such a beautiful day, but really
warm..

Eric talking with Lance


Christina, Denise and Seth

These boys were just too quick..Owen attacking Mason..
Diane on the other couch

Time to open these lovely gifts..



This little towhead reminded me of Russell when he was
young.

Little Olivia was a big help in opening presents..



Owen helping mommy too..



Owen! 






Kim, Libby and Nicki..





Add caption
A rare pic of Steve without a beer in his hand..haha.
Thought I'd post it last night and got sidetracked..so here it is this am..Have a wonderful day!! 

2 comments:

  1. What fun time you had, love donuts name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was fun! Loved the fact they had the donuts rather than a cake.

      Delete