About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Beer Margarita Recipe for Bonkers, Mother's Day cooking, A new baby in the family..Seth goes to prom..

Bonkers (I love that name) asked for the recipe for the Beer Margaritas we had last weekend. The recipe I got from a blogger friend Deb, and George provided a link to the recipe but I figured I'd just put it here so if you're computer illiterate like me you can see it :)

1 12 oz bottle of beer ( we used Corona)
1 12 oz frozen limeade
12 oz tequila 
Soda such as Sprite or 7 up (about 12 oz) I used about 8 oz. to get the taste we liked.  

Mix all in a pitcher..YUM! 


Some liked the salt, even though it was a little heavy..we don't
but they are a pretty and very tasty drink. We squeezed a little lime
in and it was so delicious! 

Hope you enjoy! Haven't met anyone who doesn't :))

Friday morning we got up about 0530.  Later than I like, but that's the way it goes sometime. Our usual morning routine, coffee, tea, blogging and a apple oat muffin.  We got ourselves going with a little exercise and breakfast. 

I got started cooking for Sunday.  Put the ham in the oven. I was pretty disappointed in this one when I took it out. This one had a big fat cap, where as the one I had a few weeks ago didn't. Oh well, cut it up and froze the bone for beans down the road. I made some spinach dip too. Made up some potato salad and later in the day Ken bar b q ued a few pieces of chicken to have at the motel on Saturday night. We're not big on going out for dinner and fast food doesn't appeal to us anymore. We like taking our dinner with us.  I hard boiled some eggs for Ken for breakfast at the hotel. I'll run down and get some toast to go with. I can usually find something for me at the lobby. 

Finally, I was done with the cooking and bagging (after a quick trip to Scolari's). Ken worked on a latch for the outhouse on the outside. With our massive winds the door has been blowing open so he devised a latch for the outside. 
The new/old latch..sure fits the outhouse

About 1630 I texted our neighbor, Karen to see if she wanted to come over for Happy Hour and dinner.  A little while later she came.  We visited on the front porch until it got too cold while Ken was at the bar b que. We continued inside and had a great dinner of chicken and potato salad along with pork and beans. Visited some more and said good night.  
Yes we had wind last night

I didn't set the alarm this am but was awake at 0540.  We visited and then got ourselves ready to head over the hill after a breakfast of yogurt and fruit. Somehow we didn't get out until after 1100. Seems to be the way it goes. It was around 50 degrees but we were headed for 84 in CA. We actually saw raindrops near Silver Springs which there hasn't been any in months. 
USA Parkway on the way to Reno

Lots of wild horses

Near Reno

Just so pretty with he clouds...

At Boomtown near the border we stopped and enjoyed the tuna sandwiches I made before we left. It was raining hard, so we ate in the car. Then we continued our trek over the hill. It was beautiful but stormy.  Once we got to the lower elevations it cleared and warmed up.  We got to the motel around 1600. 
Mountain snow


Our grandson, Seth is attending his JR Prom tonight. Christina had invited us to come out to take pictures in Lincoln but it just wasn't going to work timewise. She sent this pic to me. More to come, so you know i'll be posting. How these grandkids grow up! 

Seth and Jordan :)

Another pic of them :)

Tomorrow being Mother's Day we'll head to Winco to pick up chicken and then go to my sister Linda's house in Fair Oaks.  Time to visit with family and we're happy. We'll see Ken's mom too! 

Our neice, Samantha gave birth to her first child last night. Congratulations Samantha, Cody and Slater (they adopted him several months
ago)..Such a sweet little family! 


Slater meeting his baby sister...no name yet :)

My favorite pic :)


From left..Christina's Uncle Gary, Mason, Little Gary
Seth and our son Eric. :)

Mason, Uncle Gary, Christina, Little Gary and Seth

Champs once again..Our Grandson Aaron, 3 rd from the left in back..

Hoping you all had a wonderful day! We're here in CA to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow. Hoping all you mothers enjoy your day! 

13 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day to you all as well, nice to spend time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George...and yes I agree, with all their busy schedules it's nice to have a day to spend with most of them. Happy Mother's Day to your lovely wife!

      Delete
  2. Beer margaritas, yum! An easy mix and easier still to drink!
    Love the pictures of the baby and Slater.
    Also Jordan's pretty skirt.
    Happy Mother's Day, Shirley! have a fantastic day! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are tasty, and can get you into trouble if we're not careful :) That was my favorite of Slater and Zoey (she has a name now). Jordan did look gorgeous in that skirt! Happy Mother's Day to you too xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Shirley!
    Nice pictures but especially the ones of Family.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rick. I'm glad you liked the pics of family..my favorite too :) Happy Mother's Day Kathy!

      Delete
  4. It’s my Uncle Gary and Cousin Little Gary ��❤️
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the recipe !
    I'll give it a try very soon. And hopefully it won't make me bonkers. :>)

    ReplyDelete