About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, July 21, 2017

Smoky days and a trip to Reno..

Yesterday (Thursday) we had been thinking about taking the Jayco to Washoe Lake State Park and spending a couple of days.  The heat and the smoke changed our minds so we decided just to take the Patriot and do our running around.  
Our backyard..you should be able to see mountains..


Smoke is just socked in to the ground



This one really shows the air quality..



WE left here fairly early and headed for Gardnerville to go by Raley's and pick up a prescription.  Ken went by the bank while we were there too.  We headed towards Carson City and I picked up a sheet set at Ross.  After that on to Cabela's to pick up Ken's work boots.  After that we're getting close to 1300 so we headed back to Carson City and ate lunch at our favorite Chinese place.  

Washoe Lake is still really full and air quality was better

Going into Reno..mountains socked in..

Reno was better than I thought it was going to be

Before you know it close to 1400 so we headed over to Shoetree Brewing to see how they're doing.  Well, they appear to be doing good.  I'm not much of a beer drinker but I did have one. I had their pale blonde ale and it was good.  Ken had a double mango IPA..sounds yucky doesn't it? To me it was, but he liked it.  

We left there and headed home, and again the day was done.  I think it was over 200 miles yesterday.  When we live where we do, it's just expected that most of the day will be traveling which is why we like to take the Jayco when we can and drag it out to a couple of days.  When it's close to 100 degrees and you can't run the a/c because there's no hookups it only made sense to do the one day turnaround. 
Last nights sunset


This morning (Friday) I was awake at 0300 tossing and turning.  Eventually I fell back to sleep and slept until 0600 when I started the coffee.  After our regular morning routines we got started on the day. 

Today it's going to be hot (near 100)...but at least it's no where as smoky as it's been.   

Ken ran to town and saw about what it takes to get one of the atv's registered, so it's easy we'll get the other ones done soon.  When we moved here no registration was required, but guess it's another way for the state to make money.  Can't really complain as we have no state income tax. 

Once he got back I headed to Scolari's in town for a few (ha) groceries. Back home and it's time for our salad lunch. Now to see what the afternoon holds. 

Tomorrow we'll head to Fernley, I bought 2 fold up chairs that were on clearance at Lowe's online. I've decided to paint our little bathroom attached to the bedroom so i'll get paint there tomorrow too.  

Grandson, Adam called this am just to catch up.  He's back at work at the pizza parlor in Cool.  Had himself a nice little vacation, back to the real world now. College starts the 21st of August.  

I was online the other day and took a look at apachepine.com

Our grandson, Adam has bought a few things from them and sent them some of his photos.  They have unique wood products such as watches and knives,and lots of other things, clothing etc.  I got onto their blog site and sent them my address and today I received in the mail this very unique watch.  I'm going to have Ken wear it and then we'll  be doing a review on it in about a week. Be on the lookout!  


Beautiful watch with a wooden face..very unique



3 comments:

  1. That smoke is unbelievable! Can't imagine living close to that. your heat is also unbelievable! Do you get the humidity too?
    That Apachepine sounds interesting, I'll check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Patsy..No we are lucky it's called a "dry heat"..My brother in law in Cornersville, TN is at 83 degrees feels like 92 with a 77% humidity..at 9:16 in the morning..would kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been humid lately but the upside of our wet summer weather is the green hills, no need for lawn sprinklers and the garden is watered naturally with very few exceptions.

    Then there's autumn with perfect weather and evenings outside.

    ReplyDelete