About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Flaxseed waffles, Ken's lung check up..change of plans..

Wednesday was a stay at home day.  We got up around 0600 and did our morning readings and then got ready for the day.  It was a nice day temps mid 70's or so. We thought about taking a ride over towards Bridgeport, but then decided there would probably be one on Sunday.  Home we stayed. 


Sunrise out my kitchen window 😍





Ken's breakfast yesterday..he wanted a waffle, I usually make almond flour
but was out.  Pinterest and I found flax seed waffles..Sausage really
isn't burned like it looks..

There ya go. Very tasty, lighter than almond flour :) 

We each worked separately doing some things.  I need to get out with the hula hoe for a bit, but that didn't happen yesterday.  Ken worked on putting bricks around the 5 plants that Karen gave us.  That's to keep the water from running out and staying in a well around the bottom. Looks nice too. 

The plants are looking good

I watered the little garden, so far so good. The wind sure came up in the afternoon.  After lunch we sat on the porch swing trying to figure out where we wanted to go this weekend.  We didn't want to go too far as we only wanted to be gone a few days (see this is why we shouldn't have a garden, we like to go) 

We finally decided on a KOA in Coleville, CA.  KOA, not our favorite way to camp but it's about all that's open. It's only about an hour and half from here. We planned on leaving Saturday and coming home Monday.  Well, that's all well and good until you call the KOA and find out yes, they're open but you can only stay one night unless you're an essential worker.  She thinks the 15th they'll be open full time. I took the reservation and then called back and cancelled. 1 night just wasn't worth it. :(  

So, we'll make a picnic lunch, go for a drive and then when we get home Ken will bar b que. Hopefully soon more campgrounds will open and it'll be easier to go somewhere. 

Ken barbecuend some delicious turkey burgers and I made zucchini fries. YUM! I think they were the best I've made so far. I know the burger was delicious. 
Ken's hand made turkey patties and zucchini baked fries..😋

Falling asleep was no problem for me, but at 0230 I was awake and my mind wouldn't shut off..geezz.  At 0530 I got the coffee going and brought it to Ken. 

We left the house about 0815 heading to Carson City for his lung check up.  Great seeing Dr. Foster and all good news for Ken! YAY! He'll see him in about 6 months just to follow up once more! :) 



Walmart and then home to a late lunch. A little clean up and now we're done for the day.  




Happy Hour to begin soon. Have a great evening. 

10 comments:

  1. It is nice to stay home too. I can't say that I haven't enjoyed the peace up here on the Ridge by ourselves. :)
    Those burgers and fries look yummy. I wish Bill was more adventurous when it came to trying new foods.
    I like your plaque at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the peace! Ken suggested I make the zucchini fries bigger (more like steak fries) and they turned out crunchy and awesome. I know you would like them and I think Bill would if he tried them. Thank you ..I like the plaque too, says how we feel..makes ya think.

      Delete
  2. Yay for good health news!! And those burgers and fries look amazing. Gosh I wish I could do that!! LOVE the sign. It is definitely true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. You could make the fries and burgers no problem. So easy. I knew you would love the sign! :)

      Delete
  3. Good News for Ken.
    Did you bread the Zucchini?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egg wash and then parmesan cheese..baked at 400 for 25 minutes..Yep we're happy about the hubby!

      Delete
  4. First glad to hear that Ken's lung checkup was good news...:) Those fries look good. I will have to try them who know maybe even Tom will...lol
    I/we so agree with your bottom quote. In fact I had filed it in my folder a few days ago to use in the blog. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deb! I bet Tom would like them too. Yep, gotta remember to live!! Hugs to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You want flax seed? There are tens of thousands of pounds of it here on the farm but I would have no idea on what to do with it. I tried just eating a few plain but it was almost like eating sand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think I want it plain but in things it's good and it's good for you too or so they say!

      Delete