About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, January 21, 2019

Not much going on!

Been a slow week here at home.  Other than a trip to Raley's not much happening. I did a little baking and made some of the spaghetti squash lasagna we had a few weeks ago. Found a new recipe for broccoli, just things like that.  

Happy Birthday to my younger sister, (by 13 months) Wendy and to our daughter in law, Christina! 
Happy Birthday Wendy!!

Happy Birthday Christina!

Saturday night we went next door for a fire, and Karen cooked up a wonderful steak dinner. We were talking and the last time we had anything close to steak was probably a few years ago at our oldest son Bryan's house. 
6 years ago we were in the cabover, in Barstow, CA watching
the play offs that we don't watch anymore! Good times...in that
little cabover! 

Yesterday (Sunday) we talked about taking a drive, and then decided against it.  The days seem to last long if we stay home.  We got really lazy in the afternoon, closed the curtains and watched a movie,  A million ways to die in the West. Don't waste your time! 
All over the internet Radishes are the new potato! Decided to
give it a try.  

Radish hash browns..very good! Even my skeptical hubby
liked them with eggs. Added a little bell pepper and onion. I
will be doing this again...

After that, not much until dinner. 

Anyway, that's a catch up..haha.  The best my memory will allow anyway.  We're looking forward to Thursday afternoon and Ken's surgeon appointment.  Then we'll know if we can head south for a bit! 

Have a great day! 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the catchup. As you said on my post, these lazy days seem to be longer. The radishes instead of potatoes, hmm, seldom buy radishes but might try that. Did you just fry them with onion and peppers?
    We are ALL looking forward to Ken's appointment, hope he doesn't feel any pressure! :) Hugs guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps - you might want to remove a scam comment from yesterday, I like to clear them out whenever I see them. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Patsy..guess I missed that scam comment..gone now! Yes just fried in a skillet with onions and peppers. Just let them cook until they are as done as you want. The radish, peppery flavor turns very mild. Thanks for wanting us down there! We're hoping!!

      Delete
  2. I keep saying I am going to try the radish thing and yesterday I bought some to do just that...:)
    The days always seem long to me when we are waiting for an answer. Keeping our fingers crossed it will all work out and you will be parked close by soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like them..just a bunch of radishes doesn't make too many but since we didn't know if we'd like them it worked. You are right about the days seeming longer when you're waiting.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Wendy and Christina.
    I like radish and so I think I'll give that try. It sounds interesting.
    I like lazy days, they are my favourite. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really they are very good. We thought we might go for a ride today and then changed our minds as we'll be gone tomorrow to Reno and Gardnerville and then on Thursday to Carson for Ken's appointment..so we'll just enjoy the homestead today :)

      Delete
  4. I miss our cabover camper but it was time to move on. I'm going to try the fried radishes. Thanks for the info. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lazy days is our lifestyle always something to do or not. The radishes sound interesting . nice to have great memories of past camping times.
    We looking forward to see you guys of y'all can make it.

    ReplyDelete