About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A quick catch up..New Years Eve, just getting stuff done :)

 A quick catch up as there hasn't been much going on around here. New Year's Eve I made a few appetizers to take to John and Karen's place.  All her family were there except Amber as they weren't feeling good. 

One of my favorite memories that pops up on FB..6 years ago..how can that be?!
Adam, Seth, Mason, Ken, Jacob and Aaron in front 💗💗

Tons of food, Pozole that Izzie made and Chili that Karen made along with all kinds of munchies.  A good time was had be all outside by the fire John made. LOL. I ending up leaving at 2200 and after Ken walked me home and then he went back until 0030 or so. I didn't hear him come in. 

Sophia was ready to bring in the New Year! 💜


January 1st we were in bed  until 0830 or so, because why not? At 1200 we went next door for biscuits, gravy and eggs that Karen pulled together. YUM! A mimosa to wash it down and a perfect start to the new year! 

I love our wood burning stove!! 

Chelsa gave me this adorable wax warmer for the Tiny House
as they call the bunkhouse 💜

We went home a little later, watched some movies and enjoyed some more champagne. Well, why not?! 

We've been home the rest of the days, taking Christmas decorations down and generally cleaning up from the Christmas stuff. It's been really cold with mornings at 15 degrees. Today it was finally a little warmer, 45 for the tops. 

Ken hung our coat rack, made by John and Karen from 
100+ year old barn wood 💙


Yesterday (Monday) did a little baking and then some cabbage lasagna for dinner. I never tire of that stuff! 

Allissa took Jacob to the Raiders game on December 26th..I love this picture 
of them 💗

Nice he got to come home from Italy for Christmas💙
Bonus for him ...Raiders won! 

Ken brought the Mansion over to the concrete so hoping near the end of the month we can take off for a few weeks. Ken has appointments the 24th and 25th of February so we have to be back. 

Eric and Christina got a new to them truck this last week. One owner and service records. He's a happy guy! 






Russell is pulling out his kitchen countertops this weekend in preparation for new ones next weekend, so Ken will go over to help with that job. I'm planning on staying home unless Bryan and Cheryl need some help :) 

Bryan and Cheryl finally got power on after being out about 9 days! Thank God for generators! Hoping there isn't too much damage from all the snow as their home is escrow. Once it melts, if it ever does, they'll be able to see what's what. 

A nice slow start to the new year..works for us as the days still seem to fly by! 


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to start the New Year with friends and together. Nice that your grandson was able to come home for Christmas. That is a great memory picture. Truly hope you escape in the "Mansion" for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice for sure. Nice to have all five grandsons together, didn't think that would happen :) That's the plan, hoping to see you guys!

      Delete
  2. What a great catch up, thank you for sharing. :)
    The pictures are special memories. Love Sophia's NY mask. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look to be a nicely kept truck. Great for them! Unique coat rack I must say. Looks very rustic. I agree. That is a great picture of Alissa and Jacob. Sure would like to a picture of all the snow Bryan and Cheryl had at their house. Enjoy 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truck was everything Eric wanted! So far I've only seen the one picture I posted way back LOL. I'll see if he has any others. I love the coat rack for sure.

      Delete
  4. I love that coat rack AND the truck. There's nothing like a nice wood burning stove to keep you warm. It's just a different kind of heat that smells good too!!
    Is that a hoosier? I think I have the exact same one, but black instead of blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! Yep we love that stove and yes it's a hoosier. I love it! I'll take a pic and see if it's like yours.

      Delete
  5. OMG, young men with guns ends in disasters. I can't believe there are kids in the photos with guns too.

    ReplyDelete