About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Moving Bryan and Cheryl..no time for blogging! I'm home, Ken will be tomorrow :)

Adam was four when they moved here..now he's 22..on to
a new adventure for Bryan and Cheryl :) 

 Got a surprise visit from Grandson, Adam on Wednesday.  He got to our place around 1600 and we visited while I made his dinner :) He took his outside to sit with Papa around the fire he made and I joined them a few minutes later. 

Adam only had one night to spend with us..but glad he came! 💙

Thursday morning I got Ken up around 0430 to have coffee and some treats before he was leaving for California and our son Bryan's house. Time to get a move on (not kidding). Bryan's house sold quickly and they had about a week to get out  once it closed.  The snow storm of Christmas 2021 had really held things up with moving. 

Adam left about 0900 and I headed over in my car.  I had to stop at Walmart and then Raleys to pick up Ken's prescription.  Gas and I was on my way. I arrived around 1430 and Cheryl showed up a few minutes later. 

Bryan, Ken and Cheryl  had each taken a load out to Cheryl's stepmother's house where they are going to be staying for awhile.  They got back close to 1700. I had brought enchiladas and coleslaw for dinner so that's what we all enjoyed. 

Some visiting and then time to call it a night! 

Friday morning we all got up and when the ice softened we were each able to get a load, my car, Cheryl's car and then later Ken had a load on our trailer and Bryan in his car. 

Cheryl and I decided to clean off Bryan's work bench..yeah guys, you know what that entailed! Hahaha. She loaded some stuff in her car and I loaded into boxes. Productive afternoon and it rained ALL day! 

Bryan picked up dinner for them, Ken finished the enchiladas and I had a grilled cheese on low carb bread. Yummy all the way around! 

Saturday morning  I woke Ken about 0500 as he wanted to leave for Antelope and our son Russell's house about 0700. I made him 2 breakfast burritos he could eat on the way.  They were pulling off tile in the kitchen and putting in a new sink. They are getting granite countertops in a couple of weeks. This has been planned for a couple of months. Everything on the same weekend..LOL. 

The new sink is in at Russell's house. Measuring for granite next
Friday and then in a few weeks new countertop. The cabinets will
be painted after that and then their whole house will have been
remodeled! 





Cheryl and I got the outhouse emptied.  Bryan made two huge loads to the dump! We started loading stuff on the trailer but decided we don't know how to load it best. We'll wait for guys to do it. 

Eric and Ken loading the trailer...

Eric, Ken and Bryan 💙

Devastation from the snow storm after Christmas..luckily
the people just wanted a little $$ for clean up. Nothing had to be done
by Bryan and Cheryl..



Trees down and we had to get the trailer out..got it done!

The last load 💗

We got the chicken coop and an area behind it cleared out. It was a productive day for sure.  Bryan brought home pizza on his 2nd return from the dump. YUMMY!

I talked with Ken about 1900 hours and they had just finished at Russell's. They were headed out for Round Table Pizza and some beers too! He'll be back here at Bryan's sometime tomorrow morning. Calling it an early night myself! 

Came into the bedroom and there's Daisy Duke laying on the bed 💖 Guess I won't be sleeping alone tonight! 💙

I went into the kitchen to put my glass away and here's what I
found in the bedroom Daisy Duke 💖

Lucy and Daisy Duke...Raider was camera shy but he spent every night with us
on the bed..💙

Ken came back the next morning and they loaded up the trailer for a trip out along with Cheryl and me in our cars. 

January 11th....

Well, the days have flown. Every day was busy, busy so there was no time to catch up on the blog. We took loads out to Renette's house in Lincoln just about an hour away. The mornings were so cold that we couldn't get started until some of the ice melted. Eric came out on his only day off Sunday, and helped load and took a load in his truck out to Lincoln. 

It takes a lot to move 18 years of living in a home LOL. As of yesterday most everything was out of the house, the rest went today except a few food items and a keurig.  The refrigerator is staying so that needs to be cleaned out tomorrow morning.They'll get the 3 dogs and the 10 chickens over to their new home tomorrow. 

After getting the last stuff loaded up I left and drove home. Ken and the trailer were still needed to haul stuff over.  Stopped at Smith's grocery store and then got home about 1600. Haven't moved myself the rest of the day and evening after making a fire in the wood stove. 

Cheryl, Ken and Bryan took a last load out to Lincoln. Unfortunately there was a little blooper on the way.  Bryan was pulling their little 18 foot older trailer.  Near our son Eric's turnoff a wheel flew off hitting a car behind it :( 😱 Ken was not too far behind so he called Triple AAA as we have the RV card.  Well, they said it would be 300 minutes + and then called back later saying it wouldn't be today probably tomorrow. Uhh not gonna work, that little trailer is packed with stuff! Don't think it would be there tomorrow.  Apparently there was problems with lug nuts so they got it towable with the spare and lug nuts and towed it to Eric's house temporarily. 

They got their stuff to Lincoln and back to Georgetown. A new adventure begins for them tomorrow. :) 

Ken will head home in the morning and then we'll see what's happening. LOL. I'm glad we're retired and were able to help them out. Nice spending time with Bryan and Cheryl even if it was busy! It also reminds me I don't EVER want to move again LOL. 

Have a great evening...


6 comments:

  1. Wow!! That makes me want to go clean my house and get rid of all the extra stuff I don't need. It's so hard to move after such a long time. Glad no one was hurt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel! Definitely glad no one was hurt!

      Delete
  2. I am tired and all I did was read the blog and what you guys did. I do not think any of us realize just how much stuff we have until we need to move it. They are lucky kids to have you two to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be in the shape to help! Makes me want to clear things out from here, even though I don't plan on moving ever again! LOL.

      Delete
  3. That is quite the remodeling project! Losing the trailer tire had to be a scary event. Hopefully there was no serious damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids have done a great job remodeling their home..very proud of them! It was the first time Bryan had driven the trailer and then to have this happen. Luckily it wasn't in the canyon heading towards I 80! New tire and rim needed for the trailer and insurance should cover the damage to the woman's grill.

    ReplyDelete