About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Gardnerville 2 days in a row..Karen's Birthday..Aaron's coming Friday!! :)

Monday morning (March 30th) we had the alarm set for 0500 just so we wouldn't oversleep. Our regular morning routine and after breakfast we headed out.  Post office to mail the packages to the boys.  The pink slip and key clicker was sent on its way to TN.  Then we were off to Gardnerville and Walmart.  Today was Karen's birthday so we wanted to find her a gift. Nothing like the last minute right?! In all this mess, Walmart along with Target are about the only stores open to get something decent.  She likes Pioneer Woman too, so it was easy.  A few more things and out the door we went. We were hoping Raleys would call to say our prescriptions were ready, but no.  We headed home. 
Mason Valley is the onion capital of the West. Not this year
apparently.  They use a lot of workers from Mexico who
aren't here :(  Peri and Sons equipment is parked all
over the area. 

Not something we've ever seen in 7 years

These fields and all the rest should be planted by now :( 

Right after we walked in the door, got messages from Raleys that our drugs were done. Figures right? I got started on putting together the deviled eggs and making cookies to take next door for the birthday bar b q. Her birthday and she's cooking.  LOL.  

We headed over late afternoon and were able to have a nice visit in the backyard with her family.  They always make us feel such a part of their family.  Time flew, dinner was eaten, presents open and then an outside fire started. We went home about midnight!! 
Happy Birthday Karen!

Karen's granddaughter Natalie painted this canvas
for her..John and Karen with a fire behind them 💜

Karen's grandson Niko (my birthday buddy) made these
delicious strawberries to share 💙
Little story about Niko, he's nine and just the sweetest kid. I was on the deck and he came up to me and said, "Shirley, I can ride a bike"  I asked him who taught him and he said "I did, I just believed in myself!" with the sweetest grin on his face 💗Really got to me. 

Another early morning yesterday as we had to run back to Gardnerville (close to 60 miles one way) to pick up the prescriptions.  We made a quick stop at Walmart for stuff for an oil change for the 2008 Patriot.  Homeward bound. 

I had a craving for zuchinni crust pizza so spent the afternoon making up the pizza toppings and the crust.  Later we put it together.  Ken has been working on running the antennas and booster for our new, no satellite televisions.   That work is still continuing as I'm writing the blog today. 
Zuchinni pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni 

Pepperoni, mushroom, olives..Ken's  It was delicious!

John from next door is home until Monday morning, so he stopped by for a little visit.  Once he left we put the pizza in the oven and started watching Fried Green Tomatoes.  Love that movie and we've only seen it a few times over the years. On my bucket list is to visit "The Whistle Stop Cafe".  Could have been on the list this year except....America closed down! Hopefully next year. 

Today, (Wednesday, April 1st) after getting ourselves ready we headed for town. Thought we should have some cash on hand so we stopped at the bank. ATM was operable, but the bank was basically by appointment.  Their drive through lanes were busy!  Ken was going to fill the car, but no need.  He checked and the dump is open so that's good.  I ran into Raleys to see if they had a special wine I wanted, they don't.  Home again.  

Ken had talked with John and Karen and they wanted to have another bar b q with her kids later today.  I made some cupcakes and 7 layer dip to take over.  It's really windy so it may change to tomorrow. Looking like not tonight, but that's ok. 

Our Daughter in Law Lori texted and said Aaron had completed all his homework and got straight A's so when do I want to pick him up.  I told both families to let me know when they want me to come get the boys and i'll be there! Friday, I'll run over and get him!  One happy Grandma and Papa. 

Time for Happy Hour with the hubby!  

6 comments:

  1. You certainly have had a couple of great days. How nice to be able to have your grandson come for a visit.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a text last night, so I'll be picking up 2 of the grandsons :) We're very happy.

      Delete
  2. Great presents for Karen. 60 miles for a prescription. Tough living out in the sticks. Looks like things are getting back to normal for you and your family. Enjoy the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a ways but it's worth it :) After 7 years we're used to it and it's a pretty drive! We get two of the boys now and we're very happy about that!

      Delete
  3. Your pizza looks delicious. That's one I haven't tried yet ... zucchini crust. Other than the grocery store, it's a 45 minutes drive for me just about everywhere. Doesn't seems that long to me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I think you would like it, our favorite now. Yes after 7 years we're used to it, so it's no big deal. Used to be fun when we would make a day of it and have lunch out :(

      Delete