About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Cool, CA and grandsons :)

Yesterday morning we set the alarm so I could plan on getting out about 0900.  Figured that would put me at Eric's house about 1300 with some potty stops along the way and anything else. 

While I'm inside getting ready Ken was washing my car, checking tire pressures and other stuff.  He also put water bottles and some wine in the back area for me. He doesn't worry about food, because he knows I'm well prepared and I'm going to see grandsons so they'll be plenty of food, (probably too much)..

I got to Cool, CA just about 1300 and stopped at Holiday Market to pick up a few things.  Unloaded the car at Eric's and then it was time to pick up Mason from the bus stop.  We came back with just enough time for him to feed the animals and we headed towards Antelope, CA.  Picked up Jacob and Aaron and it was about 1600. Traffic in the area is terrible.  Guess that's why I love my Nevada back roads.  

It was too early to go to dinner so we headed for Sunrise Mall.  Sunrise Mall was one of the first inside malls built in the area way back when.  You couldn't get a parking spot on weekends..not so much now. Empty stores and names that I have no clue as to what they are.  We found Champs, that one I know. Sports clothing, shoes etc.  The boys found some Nike windbreakers on sale.  They are really good about knowing Grandma doesn't buy unless it's sale or clearance.  Aaron and Jacob picked theirs.  There wasn't a small for Mason so I thought we could check some of the other stores.  Walked around a bit more and then headed to Round Table for some pizza. 

After that it was time to get to the game at San Juan High School.  Found our spots, me lower than them.  I don't like looking through the bleachers at the ground. The older I get the more it bothers me.  If it's like steps I'm fine.  Right as the game started my sister in law (and friend) Diane and my nephew Jesse showed up.  Diane sat with me, and at half time Jesse moved up with the boys. 
Aaron, Mason and Jacob..checking out the girls..


Number 82 is ours!

Aaron, Mason, Jacob..

Our grandson, Seth



Jesse is explaining a play i'm sure..



Final score...YAY!

From the left..Mason, Jacob, Diane, Aaron, Jesse..

Good game and our team the Grizzlies won 56 to 13!  Time to head home, but not without a stop at Donut King so the 4 boys could get a dozen donuts.  Home through the dark and crowded freeway!  

We didn't get here until about 1030.  It was a long day!  I still didn't climb into bed until just about midnight.  
Ready for concrete! Tonight Ken told me it will be a 2 day pour..
ok honey..

Imagine where u see the framing..that's where the
outhouse will be..can't wait!

Our beautiful Yerington sunset..Ken sent me last night..

Set the alarm for 0600 as the goat guy was coming to bring Leaf, the stud goat.  Christina is hoping to breed the two goats she's got.  He got here a little after 0700 and Leaf came out of the trailer with his head down and a look like "what, again"...haha..a very gentle goat that gets the job done.  He walked back to where the other goats were and no problems.  He settled right in, and this afternoon they were getting along really well, if you know what I mean. Should be some really pretty babies in the spring. I'll try and get pics of him tomorrow before I leave..I talked with Ken and he told me that after the beautiful sunset he came in the house and a BAT was flying around in the house!!  He closed off all the bedroom doors and found him in our bedroom, i'm sure looking for a way out. Eventually after about 10 swipes with the broom the toothy little sucker went down!  uhhh...I hate to think if I was there and this happened.!  

The boys were up so I made their special pancakes for breakfast.  
Pancakes, ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate syrup..
Too sweet for me but they love it :)

Then we decided to get ready and head down the hill back to Sunrise Mall to see if we could find something for Seth and Mason (I asked Adam if wanted the windbreaker if they had one in his size).  So all grandsons would be covered. Seth wanted a hair cut so we got that done while Aaron, Mason and I made a quick stop at Raleys.  On to the mall.  Found a black one for Seth and Adam. We looked for other colors for Mason, and he found one in another brand that he wanted and it's looks good.  Ok, back up the hill for the afternoon.  Lunch made, Seth and Jacob were headed off for fishing and Adam showed up.  He stayed and visited a few hours, and during that time the boys came back.  I made chocolate chip cookies for them...1 left now..Then I got started on enchiladas and coleslaw as that's what the boys asked for dinner.  Banana bread and Apple Hill cake made..done!  About 1730 all done with cooking, time to eat!  Then Seth and Jacob went fishing again for a bit. After they came back the boys finished off the two 1/2 gallons (well they're really not that much anymore) of ice cream I had bought as they wanted breakfast sandwiches on Sunday.  
Mason and a video game..
This is where their stuff got dropped, it still is only messier
hahah..boys!

The one lone cookie, but it's gone too..

Aaron, Mason and Seth..Movie and phones..

Jacob playing video games..

Enchiladas and coleslaw for dinner..

Apple Hill Cake..

Banana bread..no sense in letting bananas go bad, Jacob asked
to take some home, he loved it :)

I sat outside on the patio with a glass of wine and talked with Ken for awhile. Nice and quiet and a nice sunset.  Tomorrow I'll take Jacob and Aaron down the hill for Aaron's basketball tournament.  His tournament was supposed to be Saturday but it got changed to Sunday, that way he got to spend both nights with us.  I'll come back here and head home about 1300.  That should put me home about 1700.  Life is good.  Love these grandsons to no end.  So glad that Eric and Christina asked me to come over as these times are few and far between.  I'm so happy it worked out that Jacob and Aaron could be here as well, they spend time with their cousins as well as me:)
A Cool, CA sunset..

Trees are turning...

The moon coming out...


Adam started his new job at Terries Pizza in Georgetown so he has about a mile commute. He gave his two weeks notice at the other place so he's ready for a new adventure.  The people here have known him since he was little and now he'll be trained to be the grill cook.  Gives him some spending money (and that he does)..but they work with his college schedule. 

Good morning from Cool, CA.  I started this last night but the pictures wouldn't load so here we are.  A nice cool morning and it's time to get the day going.  My boys really aren't morning people (except Mason) so i'll try and roust them early.  Until then, time to visit with my blogging friends! Have a wonderful day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment