About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Fernley, NV and getting ready to go tomorrow!

Today (Thursday) we headed for Lowe's to get some more stuff for the outhouse.  So glad we're not building a house as it's amazing how expensive the  plumbing etc is and we haven't even started on the outhouse building itself.  

We bought 35 bags of 2/3 cubic foot concrete, some more fittings for the plumbing and some wood for the footings..geez..but this will last us until we're long gone I'm thinking..
Yesterday's work...footings being dug


35 bags of concrete loaded up at Lowes...


USA Parkway now joins Interstae 80 with Highway 50..

Industrial..means more jobs for NV..

We came home down the new highway from Fernley.  USA Parkway at exit 32 out of Reno. It's 19 miles to Highway 50 on that road.  There's a lot of industrial stuff going on.  Beautiful highway though.  If we were coming home from Reno this would definitely be the way to go.  Cuts off mileage and also not much traffic.  




Wild horses near the road!




Just a beautiful highway





We got home about 1315 and I pulled stuff together for a salad for the two of us.  

I folded laundry and got some food together for Ken for the weekend while I'm gone.  He's a typical bachelor when I'm gone..one plate, one fork, open cans..and anything else that doesn't really amount to him cooking, even though he might cook a couple of chicken burgers.  He's got yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast, salad and then the burgers..don't think he'll starve. He might go out to breakfast with Joe (our neighbor) one day while I'm gone. Shouldn't worry as he's almost a 66 year old man..but I do...

Ken got the forms together for the outhouse..(so exciting) and we placed them. Then he added some more plumbing and was able to quit a little after 1700.  Looks awesome. 


Ken got the wood ready to pour the footings.



This was pipe we had in Winnemucca hooked to the Komfort..
now it's used for the outhouse..he cut what he needed...

Plumbing is in..wrapped to keep concrete off the pipe when it goes through
the footings...
I'm hoping to leave about 0900 for CA.  I'll get to Eric's around 1300 or so and then pick Mason up from the bus stop about 1430.  He'll feed the animals and then we're heading down the hill to pick up Jacob and Aaron.  The game is at San Juan High School at 1900 for Seth.  We may be early for JV after we have dinner.  Looks like Jacob will come to Cool for the night and I'll take Aaron back home as he has to be at basketball at 0930 on Saturday.  Christina is expecting that a buck goat will be dropped off early Saturday so we'll wait on that and then head out.  Aaron has basketball games on Saturday so I'll expect we'll be there sometime during the day (Hardwood Palace in Rocklin)..it looks like Jacob and Aaron will come back to Eric's house and spend the night and then i'll drop them in Antelope before I go home on Sunday.  Sounds like a busy weekend, but I get to see those boys!  Maybe Adam too..we'll see.  

Mason and Seth said they'd like Grandma's breakfast while we're together so i will stop and pick up the ingredients on my way down..can't buy ice cream too early you know! :)


5 comments:

  1. Your outhouse project is coming right along nicely. and you get to send some time with the family on the weekend too for a break, sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy those boys! Just seems everyone is so busy nowadays it doesn't happen enough..I'm really excited about the outhouse!

      Delete
  2. This is going to be wonderful once it is finished. Lots of work but Ken is doing a great job! I know what you mean. When we seem to wait on them for meals (basically) we think they 'need' us to do that always. They would survive just fine I'm sure but we still worry about them. Turn the tables? Nope, he knows I'm fine in the food department at least! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a fun weekend! My head got dizzy reading your back and forth but I think you have it all straight! :)

      Delete
  3. Patsy, I expect it will b a lot of running around in CA but the kids are so busy especially this time of year. But i'll take what I can get..:) I know you're right about the food issue..he doesn't worry about me and food either. hahaha

    ReplyDelete