About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lunch with my sister, visiting our youngest and a Great Scholarship Ceremony!

This morning we got up at 0400 so I would be ready to leave a little before 0600 to head towards CA.  We went to Dini's for their $2.99 breakfast, 2 eggs, hash browns, toast and your choice of sausage or bacon..I ordered bacon, Ken sausage and then he takes the bacon home for a lunch later on.  Got out of their about 0640 and I headed my way and he his.  

I got to Sacramento with plenty of time to spare before my 1200 lunch with my sister Wendy.  My youngest sister Linda was supposed to come but her grandson was sick so she went with her daughter in law to take him to the doctor.  Feel better Owen!  

Wendy and I had a nice lunch at a place called Danielle's.  Really good food.  We had the broccoli cheese quiche with a side salad and fruit.  Yum.  

The I stopped at Jersey Mike's Subs and got Russell a sandwich for him and visited over on Fulton Ave for a bit.  He's there temporarily.  We had a great visit.  

After that stopped at El Pollo Loco and picked up some chicken and sides to take up to Georgetown.  I got to Bryan's about 1540.  Cheryl got home from work and about 1730 we headed to Golden Sierra High School.  

Eric had texted saying he and family wanted to come to the high school for Scholarship Night.  So as an added bonus I got to see all 3 of my sons today. YAY!  3 out of 5 grandsons.  Yay!  

It was a nice ceremony with about 25 kids receiving a piece of $41,000 that was raised in the little communities here On the Divide.  Says a lot that these groups think so much of the Seniors to put forth the time and effort to raise these funds for the future generation.  Very moving.  
Adam and the other Seniors who received Scholarships

Adam after receiving one of his scholarships

Adam going to receive a scholarship from the garden club

Patiently waiting...

Mason, Christina, Eric and Seth

Cheryl, Adam and Bryan...the proud parents!

Adam and friends

The Fire Captain that presented the $500.00
scholarship








Adam received $3000.00 in Scholarships.  $2000.00 from the Divide Womans Club, $500.00 from the Divide Garden Club and $500.00 from the Garden Valley Fire Department.  

The fire  department guy was cute..he said that all the applications were good, so he couldn't pick..because out of them all no one said they wanted to be a fire fighter..so he gave them to staff and volunteers..he said one name kept popping up and that was Adam Kay.  Yay..

It was a great night.  Our son Eric, his wife Christina and kids came out to cheer him on..so that was really nice!   

Very proud of Adam, here's hoping he goes on to make his dreams come true.  Graduation June 2nd and then the party at my sister Linda's in Fair Oaks on the 3rd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment