About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Locked Out in Greenwood Lake NY!

Got up this am at the Sleep Inn near the JFK Airport...obviously older hotel but the room had been redone and everything was nice.  Headed down to their breakfast area about 0800 and had a nice breakfast.  They had eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles and several other things..very good way to start the day.  Sitting across from a mom (obviously from another country)..a little boy about 6 or 7...someone had filled his bowl with bacon, and I mean filled the bowl!  then he had a little bowl of fruit loops in front of him and two yogurts...he sat there drank his juice, and drank his juice, got some more..mom kept trying to spoon feed him some yogurt, that he obviously didn't want..while she made hereself a bacon and egg sandwich..do you think she'd use the bacon that was in this kid's bowl...nope...got her own and I am sure this food went into the garbage...probably an hour later the kid told his mom he was hungry...uhhh..I always tell the kids in this situation...take what you know u can eat and you can go back and get more...why this kid had a bowl full of bacon he obviously didn't want who knows...but then you wonder why hotel prices are so high?!  Ridiculous!  

We took the shuttle and went to Budget to rent our car.  Nice and easy transaction.  Then we began our trek through New York City to hit the freeway to head to Greenwood Lake.  uhhhh...trucks, trucks and more trucks...and rude trucks..when traffic had to merge and I let vehicles over the stupid truck behind me would honk his horn...really?!...so just made me do it more..idiots!  Rude!   Anyway, basically 1 hr to go 19 miles...so we'll keep that in consideration on Sunday when we return to the lovely area to head home.  Found our way and eventually, after a lovely ride we found Greenwood Lake NY...and Antons on the Lake..where we are staying...We have a lovely room with two double beds, lake view and it's just nice!  Nice man who runs it, Matt is just wonderful...We get some kind of a breakfast at 0830 and then on with the day...

Guess I'm getting ahead of myself here...we took a nice drive around the lake, and then this evening we headed out to find some dinner.  We ended up at a pizza place in town, you go in order, and wait for them to make what you want...or you can pick your pieces of pizza and they'll heat it up...reminds me of being in New York City..grandma and I had wraps, chicken, peppers and mozzarella for her, veggie for me, they were wonderful!  So we enjoyed our dinner and headed back.  That's when I discovered I didn't have the motel key in my purse!! Oh no, it's cold, dark and what now.  Called the office number and no answer, Finally after only about 10 minutes Matt called and I told him the problem..he'll have his mom come over with the key...whew...then he calls back and tells me mom not answering the phone..so he tells me the secret way to get into the room...not telling ya because it's a secret..but two minutes later we're back in and happy!  

Got a few pics but don't think they'll load as internet is really slow..but will post when I can. 

Now I'm up..Grandma is napping and i'll wake here for the last night of David Letterman.  

Don and Dana are here, about 3 miles or so from us..so we'll get together tomorrow morning and figure what the next couple of days will entail.  

Cliff is at our house and sounds like those boys are having fun..went to the top of the mountain and then a little shooting..


No comments:

Post a Comment