About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, August 24, 2019

A little work around the house..Shopping in Reno

First off, thanks everyone for your encouragement and support! It is much appreciated! 💗💖

Thursday we were planning a stay home day.  I decided to look for clothes to wear to Seth's swearing in this Monday.  Not that you have to dress up...but I needed to find something better than shorts and a t shirt LOL. 

I planned on a pair of black pants but when I tried them on, I showed Ken and he said "No way are you wearing those, they're too big! We're going shopping tomorrow!" Now that's a good problem!  I had a dress I had saved from my working days, that was too big too! Low carb is working :) Unfortunately hubby is suffering collateral damage.  He can still eat whatever he wants, but a lot of what he eats is what I eat, because he likes it (broccoli crust pizza, spaghetti squash noodles in spaghetti, things like that)...he now needs to gain a few pounds!!   
I hadn't made stuffed bell peppers in ages, but they sounded good
Mine is in the lower right..a little hamburger and veggies.
Ken's are normal haha. 

Out of the oven! They were so yummy! 

Ken laid a few of the pavers on the patio out front.  He cut up forms and poured some concrete for the little retaining wall. He's about a bag of concrete short.  

Later in the day we went over to Karen's for Happy Hour for a bit.  
Love our flag!


Friday morning we got up pretty early to get ourselves going to Reno.  I did an online order for Total Wine, we're in the area so gotta do it!  I found a 20% off coupon so did pretty well coming out with 16 bottles! Should last a bit :) 

We headed to Total Wine first.  The Burners have started, but Total Wine is ready for them! Never seen their isles so covered in alcohol!  Every Labor Day week there is a festival held on the Black Rock Desert called Burning Man.  Interesting to see the people, the rigs and the art work that travels the highway this time of year.  People come from all over the world for this event. 
Grandson Aaron in the maroon! 

He doesn't want to let go of the ball! 

After our stop there we headed over to TJ Maxx in Sparks and spent some time looking for clothes.  I found a black pair of pants and a dress. I'm sure I could have found more, but hoping that i'll lose a few more pounds down the road. Over to Target to pick up some half and half, but that was all gone along with their shelves were really picked over (Burners strike again)!  

Thought I'd try Old Navy nahh..nothing there.  On to Dillards thinking maybe a pair of new heels..well, not there! I'd say people who shop there have a lot more money to burn than I do.  

By then it was getting close to 1400 so we decided to go to the Mexican restaurant we've been to before.  Food was delicious!  Drinks too pricy so we won't be back there.  I know they've raised those prices as we wouldn't have ever gone back for a $7.00 glass of wine. Not when I can get a 1/2 carafe at Carson Valley Inn for $3.50.  

Once we finished there it was time to head home.  It was a good day.  Lucky I have a husband who doesn't mind clothes shopping with me and giving me his honest opinion. :) 
Aaron playing freshman football

Love this action pic of grandson, Aaron! 

Once we got home and it cooled off a bit we sat outside til way later than we should have.  When it's such a nice night you have too, right?! 

While we were in Reno yesterday Carson Valley Cardiology called and made an appointment for September 11th to see Ken.  At least everyone is staying on top of this with him.    

Today (Saturday) we woke up about 0530 and got the coffee going.  After breakfast Ken went outside and got the Tundra hooked up to the big trailer. Our friend KC has more wood he wants Ken to come get. Since we're headed over the hill tomorrow he'll get that done. Then he went to work on the pavers, now he's at the point where they have to be cut.  

I've decided it's time to paint the porch swing that's out in the weather so I ran to True Value to get a little paint.  Found they had concrete too so picked up a bag for him.  
Probably around 1980..Russell the little one and Eric :) 💙
Now they're 41 and 44...

He worked on that while I made lunch. He's tough as it's way too hot out there for me.  I did some things inside to get ready for tomorrow.  We need to leave here about 0500 in order to be sure we'll be in Carmichael by 1100 for Seth's going away lunch.  

Now we're inside enjoying the a/c.  Later we'll head for Karen's to say good bye to her daughter, son in law and granddaughter.  They're only gone for a bit, as they are moving back to Yerington..Karen's happy! 

Have a good evening everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Loosing a few pounds is a good thing I did that a few years ago and had to get some much smaller clothes sure feels good.
    Those stuffed peppers sure do look yummy too bad Suzie does not care for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that George and you look so good now! Oh too bad, but does she like just the stuffing? I've done that before.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, feel great, don't think she cares for the stuffing either, No matter we have lotsa other foods to enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Good for you on the weight loss. 16 bottles of wine..... awesome! To get ready for one of our trips I sent Jerry to the store to get my wine. He came home with 22 boxes. That lasted the entire trip. Good to see that Ken can still handle his projects. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva! It was a nice surprise for sure. Even drinking the wine, otherwise I'm sure the weight would come off quicker..but some things I can't do without. haha. Yep he likes his projects for sure. :)

      Delete
  3. Michelle says she has to meet you! Drinks wine and still loses weight? Wow! Will you contact us at knudsondoug@yahoo.com so we can plan for next weekend! Doug and Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Doug..yes I'll email you later this morning :)

      Delete