About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Wellington KS to Osage Hills State Park OK and now Alma Arkanssas!

We left the KOA at Wellington and headed towards OK and the Pawhuska area...because I love the Pioneer Woman show on Food network..Ree Drummond seems so down home to me..so I love the show..but can't really eat alot of the food she cooks as it includes alot of butter..but still love seeing her family and the life they live..

Oil rig along highway 60 in OK

This just really bothers me (us)...hate these turbines..but
they are going up everywhere along 60 and many other
highways...so ruin the looks of the area!

Cute little barn...near Drummond Ranch

Flag is right across the street from Drummond Ranch sign..
could be a part of the ranch...
So amazing for me to come upon this sign! Never would have thought
we'd see it!!

Along the ranch area...


Welcome to Pawhuska...!

Downtown!

The market where I've seen Ree shop!
Probably one of those...little man places...
I would shop there too rather than a big shopping place
(walmart, raleys etc...)....

The building they are upgrading....
Downtown Pawhuska...old, but beautiful...needs some business

From another angle the market!

Oklahoma out of Pawhuska...


My hubby!!

Following behind on my bike...beautiful park...

Cabins you can rent...the CCC made this park in 1937..houses
too.. It has tennis, basketball, volleyball, swimming pool and houses
you can rent..awesome!

Our campsite!


So after a nice drive we are driving highway 60 which was beautiful..and then I took a picture of a barn..and the DRUMMOND RANCH!  what?!...so Ken turned around and we took a picture!  I had no idea she lived off the main highway..then several miles later we come into Pawhuska..her town..saw her building they bought and then the market I've seen her shop at on tv...so we stopped...got some hamburger and other things then on we went..we went by the building again but with the trailer hard to stop and park...so on we went.  It's a cute town...lots of older buildings but cute town. Glad we got to make the drive through!  I know over the top...but I would cook her way if my doctor wouldn't get mad at me and my cholesterol wouldn't kill me!  

We drove on to Osage Hills State Park...beautiful place.. $18.00 for the night with electrical and water..so we hooked up and got the bikes out..nice ride!  Love when we can ride the bikes and enjoy the scenery!...

Had a nice fire, and Ken bar b q ued the most awesome burgers...I haven't had beef in several months but decided this was worth it!  YUMMMMM....
My hamburger....ohhhhhh sooooo goooood!!!

Ken's hamburger..looks so awesome!




Got up this am and headed out! ....Knew we were headed for Lake Fort Smith State Park in Arkansas...well we got there and NO sites to be had..I think the weather is so mild, even most of the colors haven't changed yet..that everyone was there...so we drove on to the KOA (which we prefer not to do if we don't have to)..but we're here...would stay here in a pinch again but not if we have a choice...

Looks like snow...but just frost!! So ccccoooollllldddd!

sunrise....

Linda.....little Arkansas house along highway 71....

The highway 71....

Lunch...along 71 

The colors are changing....

KOA Alma Arkansas..

Looking at the pond..


Hope tomorrow we will visit Walmart and then on to Clarksville, Arkansas..where we used to go as kids to visit gma and gpa Phillips..and many others..along with cousins etc! Nothing but good memories there!! 

Hoping we can stay at Lake Dardenelle State Park where we stayed in 1985 with the kids  and Ken and I have stayed in the last few years...last time we were there we were going to visit Clarksville and take a few pics...but it was storming so bad we couldn't do it!  So many memories here....

No comments:

Post a Comment