About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Over the hill for a few days.. Home now

 Got things ready to go over last weekend. Monday was a holiday, so banks weren't open. I headed over the hill to Citrus Heights, CA on Tuesday. I went directly to my sister Wendy's house about 1000.  After hugs we got started on things that needed to be done. I thought we'd have to go to her bank, but they were helpful over the phone. I found it interesting but the bank and most credit cards have a deceased or estate line that you talk too. 

I tried to help her out as much as I could, as Shawn handled all the bills and basically she didn't have a lot of knowledge. We were able to get into the bank account so we know what she has to work with and what bills are paid and when.  Social Security was called and that's good news for her. 

Russell stopped by Tuesday evening after work. Then I headed home with hime for Taco Tuesday at Russell's house. OH YUM! We had a good evening and called it a night pretty early. 

Wednesday morning, I made egg sandwiches for grandson Aaron, but he wasn't up yet when I left for Wendy's. LOL. Oh to be a teenager on home study, because of his knee surgery. 

I spent the day with Wendy and got more things figured out. Wednesday evening we headed for Round Table Clubhouse at Sunrise and Antelope for dinner with Russell, Lori, Aaron and his sweetie Kenna for dinner. OH YUM!

Thursday I headed to Wendy's after making Aaron his breakfast sandwiches. The baby is still not home, as he's having problems digesting the formula. 

Aaron texted me and asked if I'd mind making him and Kenna dinner. Of course not. Enchiladas for them. Russell and Lori were headed back to Round Table Clubhouse to meet with some friends. I told Russell , grandchild won out so I'd be staying home. Didn't surprise him a bit. LOL. 

Aaron and Kenna ๐Ÿ’— They made cupcakes after dinner. 
I stole one yesterday to have with my coffee in the car, and 
so delicious! ๐Ÿ’™


We had a nice evening after they got home and way too much wine was drank. 

Friday morning I made french toast and bacon for Lori, Aaron and his sweetie Kenna. I left for Wendy's around 1100 or so. Clicking things off and paying bills. Our oldest son, Bryan stopped by along with younger sister, Linda, her hubby Bobby and their adorable grand daughter, Cassidy.

We headed to Old Town Pizza in Roseville on Friday evening. Eric, Christina and Mason met us all there! It was really nice, food was great, but really couldn't hear at the end of the table as it sounded like a high school cafeteria. Still nice to get together with the two sons and families. ๐Ÿ’—

Lori, Christina, Eric, Mason, Aaron, Kenna, Russell ๐Ÿ’—

Eric and family left and Lori was ready for another beer so we moved to the end of the bar. All I know is every time I turned around there was another glass of wine in front of me. LOL. After getting back home, I drank some more wine apparently. LOL. 

Saturday morning I woke close to 0800 and got my stuff to head home. I knew there was a short window over the summit and I wanted to make it. The only problem was CA had "chains required over summit" signs everywhere. Not a drop of snow to be had, but you had people putting on chains everywhere. Chain Check...uh no, but people were put into one lane. Sucked! 

I got home near one o'clock just in time to have lunch with my sweetie. After Karen got home we went next door and had Happy Hour with her and the furry kids. I think they missed me ๐Ÿ˜

Today is Champagne Sunday of course! Watching Nascar and enjoying the day. Ken's going next door to make a fire in John's Hangout as the wind is too much to have an outdoor fire. 

Looks like they've finally found a formula that works on baby Phoenix so he should be coming home on Wednesday. 

Tasha and Baby Phoenix..


WE have an appointment with the financial people on the 20th so I know I'll be headed back to CA then, if not before. Of course, that day is special, grandson Aaron turns 18! ๐Ÿ’–

Grateful to Brother in law Bobby for getting some things to sell on Marketplace for Wendy. Eric for changing out the filters for the heater along with other things, Christina for taking Tasha to spend some time with Phoenix.  Russell and Lori for stopping by again to check on Wendy. Allissa for coming and bringing another food donation! Chelsea and her babies for bringing flowers and hugs. Our family is so blessed! 

Have a wonderful Sunday. Remember to hug the ones you're blessed with! 

We have Nascar on today. We don't watch the NFL anymore. We like Nascar because of the patriotism, the prayers and the National Anthem. Could have been better today, as we are very picky as to the way it's sung.  but still, America! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

 


10 comments:

  1. Sunrise and Antelope...wow. That brought back memories of all the times we went thru that intersection before moving to North Highlands. You sure got a lot done. I wish I had your energy. Awesome that baby Phoenix has a time schedule to go home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to get the baby home for sure. Always good to spend time with family! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to hear baby Phoenix is finding food that is compatible. I'm also happy to hear Wendy is starting to get things in order. It's a very difficult time and having family around to help is very important. She is very blessed! I'm sure Ken was happy to have you back home and I'm just as sure you are happy to be back home too. I hope Ken is continuing to improve. Stay warm!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's finally up to just 1 oz shy of his birth weight. It is a very difficult time for her. Breaks my heart. Ken saw his doctor on Wednesday. He's healing well. Dr. said he believed it to be a staff infection and that the Dr. in Yuma treated it accordingly. I think he's learned his lesson about waiting too long again :)

      Delete
  3. Wow ... just reading your blog makes me tired!! You family is lucky to have you helping out!! Glad baby Phoenix is improving. You are right ... you are blessed with such a large group of happy, helping family members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our family :) We always come together when help is needed. We are happy they found a formula he can tolerate finally.

      Delete
  4. Getting caught up on blogs after getting home. So sorry to read about Shawn. I am sure Wendy appreciates all the help, that is what family is for. Your life is sure a contrast to ours having so much family near you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I know it wasn't what Wendy expected or wanted, but now it's her life. That's why we moved here, 4 hours or so is easily doable and our grandkids were small at the time. Now the youngest ones are seniors and will go on with their own lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy must also be so grateful for all the family help. You are all blessed and i feel i am too with mine.
    Best news ever that baby Phoenix is eating and will be home tomorrow. ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, he came home! You do have a wonderful family! :)

    ReplyDelete