About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, February 20, 2023

Our brother in law gets his wings...Headed to CA for a few days. Baby Phoenix isn't home yet :(

 We awoke to 10 degrees and a feels like -3 in Tonopah, NV on Thursday (February 16th). Frozen pipes, so no showers. Once we were done with coffee and blogs we headed to Tonopah Station for great breakfasts. A few hours later and we drove into our driveway. Always good to be home πŸ’—

We both got to work and unloaded the Mansion. Got it done and Ken was able to winterize it again. After Karen got home she texted about Happy Hour. Yep, we went and got caught up on things. 

Friday morning I was texting with my two sisters about 0730. Our Brother in Law Shawn was in the hospital as he's been fighting liver cancer for the last two years. Honestly, the main reason we headed back home from Quartzite. It didn't sound good from my sister, so neither of us could have enjoyed the trip. Ken could have had his back looked at any urgent care anywhere from Q to Texas. 

Friday morning I was texting with both my sisters  and after texting with Wendy, I got the call that Shawn was gone 😭 Only about half an hour after we had been texting. We got our stuff together and headed out to California. By the time we got there, Wendy was home. Thankfully there was a lot of family to surround her with love already πŸ’—

We spent a few hours and then headed for our hotel. Family was there for them and that was nice!

After dreams and waking up at 0200 and my mind going crazy, I fell asleep and didn't wake until 0645. We took our time getting ready and headed for Wendy's. Spent some time there and then we headed home. Spent the weekend at home, as there's nothing that can be done over the long weekend. 

Tonight we are in Carson at the Days Inn we like. Tomorrow I'm heading back to Wendy's and Ken will head home. Trying to get the financial end worked out for her. 

My sister is breaking my heart I have to say, but we'll get it figured out! πŸ’— Baby Phoenix is still in the hospital. His feeding continues to be a problem.  

He's as cute as he can be! 

 

Love the way he wraps his hand around his mom's πŸ’—
                                Honestly, Chiristina ( our daughter in law)has been a Godsend. She's taken Tasha  over 
to see him and so many other things. πŸ’™
One life goes, another comes along as a special friend and family have said. πŸ’™

When we saw Patsy a few weeks ago, she gave me this sign!
Gotta love it as it so fits me! πŸ’–πŸ’–


We went to Betsy's for an early dinner and are now back at the room. I hope to leave around 0700 for CA. I'll be staying at our youngest son's Russell and Lori's house. Day by day...it's all we can do! πŸ’–

Have a great night! Bedtime for us!




12 comments:

  1. So sorry for your family’s loss. Such a blessing to have
    family and friends to uphold your sister.
    Our weather here in California has been cold winter
    for us......nothing compared to the mid west and east coast.
    Enjoyed seeing the snow in your desert home area!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are blessed to have the family and friends we do. It's just amazing the things that have to done once a death occurs. Glad I can be here to help her. Ken sent me a picture last night, snow again! Winds made it look like a blizzard! :)

      Delete
  2. My heart hurts for your sister. Prayers to her and your family. It's good you are there to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! No where else I'd be, so glad we came home.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. One moment at a time is the only way forward.
    Such rosy cheeks that little boy has!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct about one step at a time. So hard for her. Yes, he does. Looks like a few more days in the hospital for him. They did a upper GI series and they think it all looks good there. They will try a new soy based formula and hope that works.

      Delete
  4. Our sincere condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law.
    Your sister and your family are in our prayers.
    That little face is just so precious. Hope Phoenix gets to go home soom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture of baby Phoenix...those cheeks! Blessings to Wendy and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shirley. I'm so sorry to hear about Shawn. Our sympathies to everyone for his loss.
    Baby Phoenix is the cutest little button! I hope he can come home soon. πŸ’• Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete