About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Happy Anniversary Eric and Christina, good times with Mason, Ken works at home, more America pictures :)

 

Happy 20th Anniversary Eric and Christina!πŸ’–

Wednesday morning I left here about 0920 or so.  The tire light came on in the car so Ken checked them all, aired them up and I was on my way! I decided to take I80 over because highway 50 had boulder come down on the highway last week and then another later in the week.  They were working on the highway with at least 30 minute delays. I heard later that the wait was up to an hour+. 

Back when they were much younger 😊

Las Vegas Anniversary! 

It was a good drive, or as good as 80 can be with all the cars and trucks. I stopped in Auburn for fuel, $5.39 was the cheapest I could find.  Diesel was running $6.19!

A quick stop at Save Mart for a few things and then to Mason's house.  He got there just a little after me. A little later he went to Auburn to pick up his girlfriend, Mariah and bring her back to the house. 

Mason and Moriah 😍

I had picked up a cooked chicken, added some mashed potatoes (thanks Eric and Chris for those cute little potatoes) and green beans for dinner. Later in the evening Mason ran Mariah home. 

Thursday morning was pancakes and bacon for Mason. I enjoy breakfast with him as this is when we seem to talk the most. πŸ’™ I ran down to Antelope to drop a few things at Russell's house and then to Total Wine. A quick stop at Walmart and then back up the hill. Traffic is insane! Give me my little town LOL.  

Got a nice surprise ..Seth had called to talk to Mason after being in the field at Twenty Nine Palms for a few weeks. I got to talk and see him! He looks great and we had a nice conversation! Love our Marine! 

Friday morning was chocolate chip pancakes and bacon :) I ran to Roseville and Antique Trove looking for something for Karen's birthday but nothing hit me. Dollar Tree for new readers but they were all out of my kind! Darn! Back to Mason's. He had to work at 1500.  He works at the Cool Feed Store and enjoys his work! $$ help too! πŸ˜€

He likes steak sandwiches. It seems when we go out it's a big piece on a roll. You about pull your teeth out when you're trying to eat it. I had picked up a couple small steaks, sliced them thinly and cooked them in olive oil and butter. Delicious if I do say so myself. LOL. They had some really good looking hot dog buns so I used 2 of them with a mix of A1 and mayo on the buns. Mason said they were amazing! Yay! 

Saturday morning I had breakfast plans with Mason and Mariah, so he picked  her up and we met at Edelweiss #2 in Auburn. Our favorite go to place whenever we're in California. Mason ordered eggs with Canadian Bacon (the thickest I've ever seen) sourdough toast and fruit. Mariah said she's not much of a morning eater but had a few pieces of fruit. I've never understood that as I'm starving when I awake LOL. I went for the Ortega Chili Burger and fries. OH YUMM! Sent Ken a picture to make him jealous and he was. I could only eat 1/2 the burger and that's w/o the bun. A few fries and the rest came home with me. πŸ˜€

Mason and Mariah this morning..so cute together

Ortega chili burger my favorite! See why some came home?!

Mason's little truck..I love it! 



After hugs and a couple of pictures we said goodbye. They were heading down the hill to go roller skating and I was heading home. 

Stopped to top off the tank at $5.19 a gallon and noticed diesel at 6.19! WOW. 

A nice drive up I 80 and then headed for Carson City to Dayton.  I like this much better than all the way around Reno to USA Parkway. Stopped at Smith's grocery to pick up charcoal and then Dollar Tree to stock up on readers and a few other things LOL. 

I got home around 1430 and found Ken out back filling the concrete blocks with concrete. He's working hard on a dog confinement fence. That way when people with animals visit they don't have to worry about them running off πŸ˜‚

The wind is crazy this afternoon, he said it started about 1/2 hour before I got home. So instead of supervising I decided to stay in and write this blog πŸ˜ƒ

Loved spending time with Mason and getting to know Mariah. It looks like Eric and Christina had a great time in Las Vegas. Looking at some of the pictures looks like Vegas is back to normal, well as normal as Vegas can be LOL. 

Still following the convoy back in Hagerstown MD. Most convoys are there except maybe one at this point. They awoke to snow this morning, making some of the tenters and car people really cold. BRRR..

They have talked with some senators and etc. I'll keep supporting as long as they're there and beyond. Again, this patriotism just really gets to me! πŸ’™πŸ’–

Washington DC overpass cheering on the convoy!!



Love this one!!

Raising those kids right!! 


Love this !!😍

Evening meeting Hagerstown, MD...




Look at these cuties with their own convoy!!



Hagerstown, MD this morning! 😱

How cute is this ??!!! America!


Hagerstown was cold this morning!



Well, it's Happy Hour time with the hubby! Have a great night and don't forget to set your clocks up an hour before bedtime (except in the great state of AZ)!! 


12 comments:

  1. Girl you are a cooking lady!!! I don't think I have that much energy!! Love your convoy pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great and busy trip for you! I love the pictures of the kids. Even the Barbie car was in the convoy...too cute. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the convoy picture. Doesn't seem like they are getting much coverage, however we only have regular TV. Glad to see Senator Cruz with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! They certainly aren't getting much overage at all..Good things go unnoticed unfortunately

      Delete
  4. Reads like you had a busy and fun time with your grandson. Your grandson and his girlfriend are a cute couple but then so are the anniversary couple. Great convoy picture collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep love spending time with grandkids when we can anymore! Glad yo like the convoy collection!

      Delete
  5. We love small towns to but wish our small town had a Total Wine and More! Interesting thing about the convoy. When it was in Canda, it was all over our news, now that there is one in the U.S. all the MSM is gone silent on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Total Wine! Wish it wasn't over 90 miles from here! :) I have to agree with you about the convoys!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like your visit over the mountain went well. Lots of family activity. Love to see the young ones trying to figure out how life goes. Eric and Christina are well on their way while Mason and Moriah are just starting out. I guess we have it all figured out by now πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a good time! I am impressed with the way the grandkids are figuring out their lives so young. Or at least have a plan. We are enjoying life now that's for sure.

      Delete