About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, November 13, 2020

Waking up in Tonopah, NV! On our way to somewhere!

 We didn't get out on Wednesday, just too much to do.  I was done with my part by the afternoon so headed out to the bunkhouse. Time for Christmas decorating! Spent an hour or so changing the bedding and putting up a few decorations. I would have been out probably about fifteen minutes earlier but was watching Growing Pains, an old show from the 80's or so I think. 

Just something so beautiful about icicles! 😍
Snow is melting slowly..daytime temps in the low 40's and night about 15...

Long story short, the friend on the show went off and joined the Marines. His friend (Kirk Cameron) was mad that he was doing that.  Boner (the guy that joined) said "I don't get why you're mad! It's not like I joined the Air Force or the Army or Navy! I joined the MARINES!!" haha..I know Russell and Seth would have loved this episode! Perfect for Veterans Day! 

Thursday morning after breakfast Ken had to make a box for the faucets coming out of the well house so they wouldn't freeze. He did a great job and then concentrated on getting us out of there.  We left home about 1215. Late yes, but we didn't even know where we were going except south down 95.  




We stopped for lunch at the rest area in Mina, NV.  Getting ready to leave I went into the bathroom and saw water on the floor, oh oh.   Ken got down under the bathroom cabinet and found one of the water hoses leaking. It's only the one that leads to the outside shower, but still needed to be capped off or something. 

Leaving from one of our driveways...
Leaving our little piece of heaven for a warmer climate for a few days. Funny when I'm in the house, I think "why are we leaving this?" Then I go into the Mansion and think..I love this trailer! Best to go while we still can, when we can! So blessed to be living this life! 💙💖

I found a hardware store in Tonopah, NV so we stopped there.  It was nearing 1600, so we decided to stop in Tonopah at Tonopah Station RV Park and spend the night. Their water is off but that's ok as Ken filled the tank before leaving home. :) 

Still need to spend a night here! It is said to be Very Haunted!!!
And of course The Mizpah, one of our favorite places here! We KNOW from experience that this hotel is haunted!!

Enjoyed a nice evening watching a Christmas movie and then another on Prime Video. 

A simple supper and then later off to bed. 

Today, we're headed out..still no destination in mind.  Honestly not sure where we'll end up, just enjoying the drive! We shall see! Right now it's 32 feels like 24 outside so we're definitely looking for warmer temps for a few days.  

Have a great day!! 



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of the snow and ice. There is something special about small town living. I'm loving the town of Wellton. Keep heading south and you might end up in Wellton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the PICTURES of the snow and ice, just don't want to live in it during the winter. I wish I could take off with no destination in mind. It's just not in my DNA. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fact we can enjoy it for a few days and then it's gone :) We normally have an idea of where we're going but this time it's fun just to figure it out as we go along.

      Delete
  3. Glad things haven't turned white here yet.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your destination.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your photos. The views are amazing, the sky is always breathtaking.
    Safe travels to you and Ken, hope you end up some place warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on one of my favorite types of trips just enjoying the ride and landing where you may. The Clown Motel certainly looks colorful. Stay safe. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree icicles when they sparkle in the sun are beautiful...:)

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of just going - no destination in mind - you know when you get there! LOL! I'm not ready for white stuff and ice yet, although they can be quite beautiful. We are going to be blessed with great temps the rest of this week - it's even supposed to be in the 70's the end of the week, before it drops and we get some rain. I just hope it does not freeze. Can't wait to see where you landed and what you'll see!

    ReplyDelete