About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Not much going on...but we have an unexpected visitor!

About 1230 Wednesday I got a text from Adam asking if we're going to be home. Yep.  Ok, I'll be driving over!  I said, does your mom know about this? He laughed and answered..Yes..A few minutes later I get a call from Cheryl, asking if we think he's ready to drive over the hill to our house.  We both said yes, as he's been driving over since he got his permit a year ago April.  Every time I picked him up he did the driving (Thank goodness for Miss Clairol)..kidding aside, we knew he'd do fine.  

So a little while later he left, I messaged my sister Linda and let her know..so she could start her prayers along with mine.  I figured give him a couple of stops and he'd be here about 1715...1707 here he comes!  Glad he's got a nice dependable car to drive.   

So he's just kicking back enjoying the smoke free atmosphere here.  

Thursday, we did some errands, and he just stayed here.  Guess we left too early for him.  Reno, we dropped off the trailer tire, it's a warranty issue as the seal in the rim is leaking.  Apparently someone else dropped off one the day before with the same issue.  We got back home about 1630.  

Friday, Adam took his car and went to the top of the mountain for some tanning for a few hours.  It's so hot, I don't know how he stands it.  Ken changed the oil in the orange Patriot.  He's going to change Adam's today, as the change oil light is on.  Good timing on Adam's part.  So he'll either go home today or tomorrow.  

My Aunt Irene went to heaven yesterday morning.  She was married to my daddy's brother.  Quite a seamstress, letter writer and all around wonderful lady.  I remember going to their house and she made silver dollar pancakes.  They were so cute, but you had to eat a bunch to get full, and seems like a lot of trouble.  When I got married she sent me a bunch of recipes, hand written on recipe cards..still have them.  Prayers to my cousins , Melody, Terri and Uncle Lewis.  

Eric and family should be here tomorrow (Sunday)..so got some cooking to do. 

A few pics I stole on their trip....


Arches National Park 
Moab, UT











Cripple Creek Mine Tour
Cripple Creek Colorado .. 

1000 foot underground..



Cripple Creek Mine....


No comments:

Post a Comment