About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

A trip to Lowe's, The Hey Day Inn, Adam visits, RV fixes, Lucy

 Saturday morning  we left here with our little trailer attached to the Tundra to head for Carson City Lowe's to pick up 12 bags of concrete. Prices up on them from $4.18 to $4.33.  Not a lot but still...We priced out some wood we were thinking about for the Kountry Kitchen and may have to change our mind about that too. LOL. 1x4x12 at almost $14.00 a piece..uh probably not! We'll figure out something.

After that it was a stop at Raley's in Gardnerville to pick up a couple of prescription refills. Then we headed towards home. 

It was about 1230 as we were going through Smith Valley so Ken asked if I'd want to stop at the Hey Day Inn for lunch.  We've been meaning to stop there so that was the day. 

Such a cute historical building and inside it was adorable. We were served by a very nice server with a big smile. We loved our lunches and I brought 1/2 mine home. We will be back! 

Hey Day Inn established around 1875






We got home and we got 1/2 the gate fence covered with some wire fencing we picked up at Lowe's and then we waited for Adam to get here.  He planned on being here about 1630 but it was closer to 1800 when he got here. He ate my other  1/2 of sandwich and fries then I made him another grilled turkey and cheese sandwich.  Ken and I knew there'd be no dinner for us after lunch. ๐Ÿ˜Š

We sat outside and visited for quite awhile as it was a nice night, then inside for some tv before going to bed. 

Sunday morning after breakfast Adam took off in his truck and headed for the BLM not too far from here. Had himself a couple of nice hikes and then a little 4 wheeling. 

We had El Sombreros for dinner, something I used to make for the kids when they still lived at home. Basically a huge tostada on a flour tortilla with all the goodies. He loved it. They were a huge signature dish for Jimboy's Tacos back in the day! 

I used low carb tortillas (that's what I had here) so 
it's not as big as it would have been with regular flour


Ken and I went next door a little later in the evening. Adam was content to stay here and enjoy by himself. 

Monday morning about 1030 Adam took off for a 4 hour Can Am drive by himself. He enjoyed that immensely. 

Dinner was barbecued chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. He told us this morning that he ate two chicken breasts and a thigh it was so good. Compliments to the hubby. 

Ken and I went next door again as John was leaving this morning. A nice happy hour. 

John and Karen and their little family (Mugsy and Lila) stopped by for a
minute 


Adam was heading out today going by his parents place in Lincoln before heading to Chico where he lives. We were hoping the mail person would be here before he left as I got him a shirt that he wanted. Of course when you expect the mail person at a certain time they're running late. Oh well his birthday isn't until the 21st of this month. He left about 1100.

Adam, ready to hit the road

Bye Adam, see you next time! ๐Ÿ’™

Well, the cute contractor I hired to do the Kountry Kitchen has been wearing a few different hats lately. Today he became an RV mechanic. When we fired up the propane water heater on the cab over water started running everywhere. Today he removed it and we're going to order an tankless water heater to put in there. 

The fifth wheel had water issues too, but now all is good. It's all coming together. He actually gave me a choice of what I wanted him to work on this morning and one was the kitchen. I chose the RVs and glad I did. Tomorrow he can get back into contractor mode! LOL. 

Had some sad news out of Lincoln, CA yesterday morning. Lucy, one of Bryan and Cheryl's dogs passed away in her sleep. Tough days for Bryan and Cheryl. Lucy certainly had her own personality and was very special to everyone. ๐Ÿ˜“ 

Lucy, giving me the evil eye for taking
her picture ๐Ÿ’™

Russell got to go for a ride in a Huey Helicopter yesterday. Not sure how that happened but i'll have to find out. 

Looks like a happy camper doesn't he?! ๐Ÿ’™


We've had a windy pretty cool day today with a warm up for the next few days then back to 50's and lows in the 20's GEEZ! 

Well, it's Happy Hour time, with the wind it'll probably be inside. Have a good evening! ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿท


9 comments:

  1. It has been super windy here the last couple of days I guess it must be coming from your area. I don't know what you are using the 1x4's for but you might want to consider rough cut lumber from a local sawmill if you have one in the area, it is typically a lot cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sawmill would be a great idea, but not one anywhere here. We were thinking of using it on the top half of the kitchen and corrugated metal on the bottom, but I'm fine with all corrugated which will be expensive enough LOL. Thanks for the tip though! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you guys eat out a lot! I'm trying to do better in that area!! Lumber is crazy high priced. Almost as bad as diesel!! I'm sure you'll come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we go shopping it's typically all day we're gone as the nearest Walmart is 56 miles one way and Lowe's is 75..so we'll have a late lunch which takes care of dinner too :) The fun is in the planning :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry about Lucy. It's so hard. Cindy had a very heavy sound when she ran....clomp clomp clomp. I swear I still hear that sound. It's nice to have those rv's working correctly. You never know when they will be used. Can't wait to find out how Russell's adventure came about. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell and family are coming on Sunday so I'll find out then :) Yep, it'll be fun to see those RVs used! Awww..Cindy was a cutie :)

      Delete
  4. You are fortunate to have a live-in contractor and the fact that he's cute is a bonus! ♥
    Cute picture of Adam at the truck and I love Russel's smile in the helo! Bill's would be just as big, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Patsy, yep I am very lucky. Russell does have the best smile and it seems he's always smiling. :) I know if I was in the helo, there would be terror on my face! LOL. Yep, Adam loves his truck for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly sounds like a nice few days. Glad to hear your contractor will be back on that outdoor kitchen job, I do not know about everyone else but I am getting anxious to see pictures. Your son Russel does have a great smile. That ride must have been fun. What fun to have a grandkid stop by for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete