About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Welcome home Jacob! An emotional morning! Historic Branson, The Runaway Coaster and Heroe's for linner!

I had to post this first! Welcome home Jacob!!💙
Allissa sent me this as I was getting ready to post this blog! 

 We woke up this morning knowing today was the day our grandson, Jacob was coming into port in San Diego. I started looking on the webcam about 0600 their time (of course it was dark). He's been on the USS Theordore Roosevelt for the last 9 months (extended deployment because of problems in the Middle East). 

I got a message from Allissa and brought the webcam up. We were hooked after that! Pretty amazing to watch without being there! Of course I'm thinking about Russell, Lori and Allissa being there watching and waiting for the ship to come in and for Jacob to get off that ship! Yeah, pretty emotional morning! 😊😭 

Ken's brother Don sent me this pictures from the webcam. Thank you! 💙






I am so proud of that boy and all the other Sailors and Marines that serve our country! 💙

I did hear from Russell that they got him off the ship! 💙

So once we knew the ship was in port we got ourselves ready to head to downtown Branson and a little window shopping. It's a busy little place! WE walked around and into stores (pretty much the same stuff). Went into Dave's 5 and 10 store. We did get a new ornament for our tree. 


Busy busy busy!! 


Around 1330 we headed for the Runaway Coaster. Paid our money (20.00 a person) and got on our little coasters. 5 min trip to the top of the mountain and then you are in control of your little cart on the rails. Woohoo! Downhill and thrilling! I don't need to do it again though! Some parts were scary as you think you need to slow down, but then you feel like you're going to fall out of the cart, so you have to speed up! LOL. We both enjoyed it! 

Don't have any pictures, as they want you to buy theirs. 

After that we headed to Heroes Family Restaurant Tastes and Taps. We loved the name and what it represented. Tributes to our Heroes! Does it get any better!? 






There was a Navy section, but I didn't want to make the people 
move LOL. Just kidding. So no pictures of that. 


I wanted a couple of beer glasses but none for sale :(

Service was great and food was awesome! For a touristy place not bad priced either! 

We're back at the campground for Happy Hour. Tomorrow we'll start heading home. Not a bad place to be either!

Today I am so PROUD to be an American! So proud of our grandson Jacob! It was amazing to see the ship come in and to see all those service men and women manning the rails coming into port. Reminds me so much of when Russell came in in 98 and 2000. Those memories never leave you. I am so happy for Russell, Lori and Allissa getting to spend some time with him. Welcome home Jacob! We love you! 💙💙

AMERICA!! 💖
Have a wonderful night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment