About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, April 10, 2023

Adam came again for the weekend.. A quiet Easter

 Friday morning got a text from Grandson Adam asking if we were going to be home and was it ok for him to come for the weekend. Really, of course we will be here and would love for him to come again! Two weekends in a row makes these grandparents very happy! LOL.  He was going to his parents, but Bryan was having some issues from his hernia surgery so not a good time to visit. Honestly, I know they would have loved to see him, but that's what next weekend is for! 

Lila and Mugsy LOVE Adam! 


Bye Adam, see you soon! 💙


He got here around 1730 and Papa made amazing Papa burgers. We hung out in the outdoor kitchen. Karen came over for a bit and we just enjoyed getting caught up. 

Saturday morning after breakfast Adam headed out to Wilson Canyon for a hike.  I ran to town to get some special stuff for him and then came home and threw a ham in the oven.  He leaves Sunday morning/noon so I wanted him to have an Easter dinner on Saturday. 

After he got home, he took a little nap, had some dinner, and then we all headed next door for a fire and happy hour. Ken and I enjoyed the ham and sides for dinner after getting back home. 

Sunday morning Adam was in no hurry to get back to his home in Pollock Pines, CA. He left around noon. Ken and I hung out in the kitchen, had our Champagne Sunday and then went next door for a bit. It was definitely a good day and Easter. 

Years ago when our kids were small we'd head for Dillon Beach CA and go camping for around 4 days or more. Sunday, we'd pack up, rush home, unload and head for my mom and dad's for barbecue. Those were the good ole days for sure!! 

Easter Sunday 1962..I'm on the left, Wendy and Linda along with my
Dad and Mom.  My Oma from Austria would send my mom $$ every
year so we would have new Easter outfits 💗

We ordered roll up blinds from Amazon for the outdoor kitchen. The morning sun is very
warm in the spring / Summer time. These will help when we're out there in the mornings. Very happy with our purchase! We ordered a 6 foot and 4 foot..so it does half the kitchen which is all we need! 😁











My sister Linda posted a picture of her granddaughter Cassidy getting ready for Easter. 
Cassidy with her Easter ears on! 


This morning I asked Ken what he wanted for breakfast. It was nearing 1000 hours so I knew it would take care of two meals by the time we were done. He had an idea, which worked for me. Around 1230 he put on two huge burgers on the barbecue (Conder Ranch meat).  OH so yummy, I could only finish half! 

It was a beautiful day, reaching 76 degrees this afternoon. Spent some time in the outdoor kitchen, now we're inside with an adult beverage or two. Tomorrow we head for Reno and other places. Have a great night! 



Baby Phoenix our great nephew will be 2 months tomorrow 💙

10 comments:

  1. Pollock Pines...I'm looking forward to heading that way this summer. Cute pictures of the kids. Baby Phoenix looks so big and healthy. Our neighbors have those shades. Smart purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are, Keep an eye out for Adam LOL. I need to get over there to see the baby! The shades will be great for the hot mornings for sure!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful to get an extra visit from Adam! Nice to share time with your neighbour and get all caught up. Papa burgers sound interesting. I like the blinds, easy fix for the sun. Baby Phoenix is growing quickly.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, love any grandkid visit! Papa burgers are the best, I can only eat half of mine! Thank you, the blinds were a good investment for sure! Yes, he is growing way too quickly :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter! Nice that Adam was able to stop by and spend it with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping you had a nice Easter. always enjoy a grandson visit for sure!

      Delete
  4. Pollock Pines!!! I may just have to go visit one of these days ... after the snow melt!! Love those old pictures of you all dressed alike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go visit when Elva is up there! Thanks, those were the good ole days. I think listed until about 6th grade, then it was time to strike out on my own and have my own Easter outfit..haha

      Delete
  5. I can tell your grandchildren bring you joy and it is so sweet that they visit so often. 💗
    That baby face is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love those grandsons! Adam visits the most and love that it works that way. Phoenix is so cute...I need to get over to Sacramento to see him for sure!!

    ReplyDelete