About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ken has had a very busy week so far!!

The fireplace in the garage
 This week Ken has decided to work on the fireplace in the garage..since we took all the stuff out of the house and will buy new for that...he also worked on digging up the water supply from the well..along with checking the front brakes on the Mazda...whew made me tired!  
The hole Ken cut for the fireplace 
 I took yesterday and made a trip to Gardnerville and Carson City to get my hair cut, get a few groceries and was going to buy some material to make some Christmas curtains for the kitchen and living room.  Visited Joann's fabrics and decided I can't afford to sew anymore..haha...they wanted $10.99 a yard for Christmas  fabric...would cost a fortune to make the curtains..so I decided to wait until I can visit another fabric store and hopefully find cheaper material!  I can remember on Presidents Day when we were kids going to JC Penney and buying material for 22 cents a yard...guess that shows my age..but $10.99 really???
My cute little house....just because (love)

Looking up from the floor...ready for piping to go through

Ken on the garage roof putting in the venting

How it finished up this afternoon...
Ken exposed the water service and well stuff

The hole near the well house

Love the hat~!

Ken in the garage working on the hole in the ceiling

Tomorrow we are heading for Fernley to our second home, Lowe's to pick up what we need to finish the woodstove in the garage and pick up some bricks to get started on the woodstove in the house! Yay!  

This weekend our son's friend (and ours too)  Jason is getting married in Lake Tahoe so I will be with the grandkids Seth and Mason while Eric and Chris head for Tahoe.  As it stands tonight I'll be meeting them Saturday in Tahoe and then taking the kids back to Cool, CA for the night.  Sunday is Seth's 12th birthday so they'll come home early and see what happens..

Ken needs to make a trip to Winnemucca to "check the mail" so he might do that Saturday while I head for CA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment