About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Back porch painting and Ken's home!

Slept well until 0220 hours when the dog at the neighbor's house started barking and barking and barking.  So, since I was alone and my mind started imagining all kinds of things..I was awake for the night.  Ended up plugging in the coffee at 0400 and computed and watched tv.  Called Ken at 0600 to get him up and then headed out to the garage and treadmill.  After that had some breakfast and decided to get the back porch painted.  

It's not huge but still took a couple of hours to get it done.  Looks so much better and I'm really happy with the end result.  
Before

After :)

Got some housework done, a wrap for lunch and then I put the stuff back on the  back porch, moved a few things to the front porch.  

Ken called about 1430 and he was in Rye Patch, NV at the dam campground.  He was trying to decided whether to spend the night (FREE) or come home.  He decided to come home.   About 1715 he pulled into the driveway.  I was sitting on the front porch swing with my kindle.  He joined me and he loves both porches and the way they turned out!  

A little more front porch sittin and then inside.  We had some of the white bean chicken chili I had made for him to take and we called it a night.  


Our view from the front porch


Sunset from the back porch :)

Today May 4th is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far. They're expecting 87 degrees here in Yerington.  uhhh...why can't we have Spring first!? 

Oh well, we're alive, well and happy and we have air conditioning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment