About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Cathedral Gorge to Laughlin, NV.

Wednesday morning we did our usual thing and got on the road about 0930. We dumped our tanks at Cathedral Gorge. Camping there is $15.00 a night and an additional $10.00 a night if you use their electricity.  They do have bathrooms with showers and a dump station. We only had to pay for electricity since I'm with the old guy and we get to stay for FREE in any NV State Park with his pass.:)
Cathedral Gorge Campground

Picnic tables and fire pits

Good Bye Cathedral Gorge..

Every house has a front porch..love that..


Climbing the mountain out of Caliente..




While Ken was doing his stuff, I called my doctor's office in Winnemucca. I had called them Monday morning and left a message for her.  I have had some blood pressure issues so was hoping she'd change my medicine. I had been taking atenolol  for about 8 years or so. Then because it's been around so long, and is so cheap it's been getting harder for the pharmacies to get their hands on it. She changed me several months ago and the next one made me feel weird and wasn't doing any good, so she changed me again. Well, this one wasn't working at all, really it was scary to me. One of the side effects could be weight gain, well, I struggle with that enough, that's one side effect I knew I didn't want. When I didn't hear, Monday or Tuesday that just didn't seem like her.  I got the same girl I talked with on Monday, explained that I hadn't heard and then she stuttered, oh I haven't..uhh..uhhh..wait a minute. Ok, so who knows when I would have heard or never?!  Dr. Grant got on the phone and she asked me to call a pharmacy in Boulder City to see if they had atenolol.  I did, they did so I called back, got a different girl, so I figured let's just go and see what happens. 

This is called a  "Cowboys Dream" Bed and Breakfast..someone
put a lot of money here..couldn't tell if it was still operating..








I love this section of road..looks like you're going to drive right into
the lake!



We had a lovely drive from Cathedral Gorge, through Caliente and on down Highway 93 with very little traffic.  We turned left onto 168 through Moapa and across I 15 through Moapa Valley and Overton.  Then we're back on familiar territory. Drove by Valley of Fire State Park and then along Lake Mead down to Boulder Beach Campground.  We were going to fill with water as we hadn't at Cathedral Gorge.  The dump station is closed! Use Las Vegas Bay 9 miles up the road, where we just came from.  On the way I asked Ken if he planned on running out of gas?! Ohoh..well luckily he had a couple of small gas cans, so he put them in at the dump station.  We found us a beautiful spot in this campground, with TV and internet service. 





We unhooked and headed into Boulder City, where we promptly filled up with gas and then to Albertsons to see if the prescription was done. It was!  My insurance will only pay for 1 month at a time, so I pay out of pocket so I don't have to mess with it especially on vacation. Well, she says $45.00!  At home and at Raleys for the same drug it's $10.00 for 3 months!  So she played with some discounts and came up with $16.70! Ok, much better.  The differences in pharmacies huh? 

Picked up a few groceries and then back home to enjoy the evening. 

This mornings sunrise..



Sunrise on Thursday morning..

We headed out for under a hundred miles to Laughlin, NV and Big Bend of the Colorado State Park. Never seen it like this, with so many people in the overflow waiting to go in to the campsites.  We're ok, we're leaving tomorrow and we like our spot. Took a walk through the campsites, then I threw on my shorts for a bit. Not a bad place to be for the night. 


Our site  at Big Bend of the Colorado..

All these rigs are waiting for a site tomorrow..

Ken got this of the moon rising


This came out dark blue not sure why..but pretty..

Moon rising..
Tomorrow we'll move on..not quite sure where..but that's ok..:)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, not good when the Dr's office doesn't get things right. Huge difference in prices, glad they managed to lower it for you.

    Love the pictures. Beautiful area. Happy to hear you managed to find weather warm enough for shorts. That's always a good thing.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you are back in warm weather, again and got your meds straightened out.Keep travelling safe and enjoying the journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wore shorts yesterday but then this is Quartzsite. My cousin in Fairfield is scraping ice off her windshield. I remember you talking about a shortage of atenolol so I expected Kaiser to change my meds but that didn't happen. I guess Kaiser takes it all!! Beautiful pictures. Safe travels and God's blessings to you and Ken......Elva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a rookie in the doc's office when you called first. I hate when they can't even relay a message! Something so important! Glad you are all straightened out though and for a decent price.
    You had a nice drive and getting into nicer weather at Nevada. I haven't worn shorts for a while so hopefully today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy to read you have found some warm shorts weather.
    Sounds like that girl screwed up...I often wonder what is so hard take notes pass it on. Glad you were able to get what you needed in the end. Why am I not surprised that a cheap medicine that works is hard to find.
    Great pictures I really liked the one you took that looks like you are going to ride into beautiful blue water.
    The pictures Ken took of the moon are fantastic.
    Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete