About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wal mart pick up, Numbers Fire, Trail Ride and company coming!

Monday morning I took the drive to Gardnerville by myself.  The first in a long time, but Ken was going to help John with a few things as they were going to head to Southern California to pick up a new, but really vintage stove and refrigerator (Yes, I am jealous)..haha.  
John's flag flying high and proud!  His 10x15 flag on a street pole
from Tonopah, NV...
Refrigerator..circa 1950..nice restoration job!

I love love this stove, but even if I could afford it
would never fit..1940's..Too pretty to cook on :) 

Our first bounty...We had a total of 3 apricots..and 3 yellow
tomatoes..all are yummy!


The fire over the mountain!


I went first to Smith's to get some more groceries since we knew Russell and family are coming to visit.  Of course what I didn't realize is that some of the stuff I picked up at Smith's I had also ordered from Walmart. Oh well, other than a hefty bill nothing will go bad. 

Left there and headed to Walmart pick up area and the girl came out in her mask pushing the groceries.  They instructions say open the trunk area and stay in your car.  She came to the window, and of course I had to have her repeat everything she was saying as everything she was saying was garbled. Finally got they substituted the water I ordered so we ended up with 48 bottles instead of 64. I get that they were out but I ordered 64 because that's what i wanted. Oh well, she left I closed the hatch and time to go home. I'm not crazy about the pick up but I might do it again, just not sure at this point. 

I got home and got some lunch going. The rest of the day flew by as they all seem to do.  In the mail I got the sweetest flag that Zoey, Paul and Lisa's daughter was selling to fund her way to cheer camp.  Lisa went to school with our sons way back when. Love it!! 


Our front door entrance ...

We were sitting outside enjoying Happy Hour and saw out back there was a fire starting up over the mountain.  We found out it's up near Gardnerville, again. 
More of the fire.. :(


Happy Hour in Yerington!


Watching it build..:( 

Tuesday morning we awoke to a smoke filled valley here. No way could you see the mountains and the smell of smoke was thick.  I went to the Mansion and pulled the bedding so it'll be fresh when company comes. I love hanging out sheets but they would have been smoke smelling once they were dry! 
Waking up yesterday morning...

No mountain to see!

Ken and I kept busy going through some pictures, cleaning etc.  We found some more things in the shed to hang up outside. Finally, after 7 years they'll get hung haha. I ran to the post office to get a package in the mail for Jacob and then by Raley's quickly. 

We had lunch and later in the afternoon I was making some potato salad for Ken and broccoli salad for me Ken took the Dodge for a drive to see if he could find some new trails.  He came back and said that it was getting late, or if I was done we could take a drive in the Can AM.  I'm done! Let's go! 


The sun a beautiful red






Smoke filled skies..


We went through a tunnel!


This was quite a hill!







On our way to the craggy mountains 


Had a wonderful 20 mile drive to areas I would never thought we could go. Pretty cool! Russell had texted and said they would be coming Thursday instead of Friday! Yay!  They are stopping at The Beacon, for Rum Runners on the way (South Lake Tahoe)..so late afternoon or early evening. 😍 
Closest we've ever been to these mountains..




Love these mountains..


Garbage even in the mountains..

Those mountains straight out are where we were..the craggy ones!

Sat outside and enjoyed happy hour and Ken barbecued some awesome chicken thighs and a chicken breast for me.  Nice that the evenings cool off and we can enjoy being outside.  All day it looked like we were under cloudy skies and then the sun would come out.  Luckily there wasn't too much wind for the fire fighters. 

This morning (Wednesday) we awoke to cool temps and fairly clear skies here. The Numbers fire is holding at 18,000 acres burned. 1 home and 20 outbuildings gone. No cause yet, except it was a beautiful day and no lightning or thunder..hmmm.
We got our some of our stuff up today..πŸ’™

Time to get a move on, we've got company coming TOMORROW!!...πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ˜Š


Just a reminder...

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. That is a lot of smoke. It sounds like you and Ken are really enjoying your new ride. Sounds like a lot of fun. Nice 4th Celebrations in you neighborhood.
    We have picked up at several different Walmarts now and been pretty lucky. I like that it is so quick, here in Michigan they will even bring Tom's beer out to him and not having to stand in line forever well that is the best part for me...lol
    Ken looks relaxed though it does seem strange to see him without a hat. Take care, stay safe, and (((hugs)))
    P.S. have a wonderful time with your son and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would let us buy the beer and wine through pick up, some do but don't know if it's a Nevada thing. Ca total wine will deliver or send through mail, but not to Nevada..even though other wine companies will. Just weird. Thanks so happy to have Russell and family here. :)

      Delete
  2. How unfortunate to see fires in the hot dry areas. Those skies sure look different filled with smoke. :(
    You are having great fun on your CanAm, good for you two! Love the tunnel, did you duck your head out of habit? haha
    Love the way you hang things and that fridge and stove - O M G! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desert is hot and dry this year and normally our winds our out of control. Luckily they've been pretty quiet the last couple of days. Yeah, gotta admit we love the Can AM ..Glad you like the way we hang things..at least they're not just in the shed anymore..

      Delete
  3. I have never driven or rode in an ATV before and never thought it sounded like that much fun - but your pictures make it seem like a great thing to have. Enjoy it! Of course if we had somewhere to go to do that I might feel much different. No BLM lands near us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is fun! True the BLM makes all the difference, way too many trails!

      Delete
  4. Hopefully they'll get that fire out so you can get out on more trails nearby.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 percent contained this am with almost 20000 acres burned. So sad.

      Delete
  5. Wow ... I had not heard of that fire. It's a biggie!! I love love your entrance with the red table. Too cute!! And that FRIDGE!! Awesome!!!! I would be jealous too. Nice pictures of your drive. I belong to a group that goes out every weekend and cleans up the desert. It's amazing how many people dump trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Nancy! It is amazing the trash area, how they even get there with a truck to dump is beyond me!

      Delete