About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Got a few things done...home all day today

Yesterday we got going and headed for a few stops we needed to make.  Carson City we went to Home Depot and got the wood for the bed in the bunkhouse.  Went next door to Walmart and spent some money.  Then we headed for Minden and the Carson Valley Inn for lunch at 1300.  Awesome as always!  

Got home and pretty much the day was done.  

Today, after not sleeping well from 0200 on, we didn't get up till 0700 this am..the rest of the day went way too fast.  

Cleaned the house and then after lunch went outside to "age" the piece of sheet metal we bought for the top of the cabinet in the bunkhouse.  Ken actually cut the wood and plywood we bought as the base for the bed in the bunkhouse. Looks good!  

I decided to paint the inside of the hoosier cabinet we bought last year.  Some of the wood inside the cabinet was stained and actually not original to the cabinet so I thought what the heck..paint it white and it'll look good.  I gave it a quick painting, as I didn't want it to be perfect.  I wanted it to look loved and not new..so i'm happy with the turnout.  

We bought a mattress for the bed so Ken turned it out and now we have to wait for it to blow up a bit..they seem to vacuum seal it.  

Saw last night that Bryan has been with the county for 20 years now!  Wow...I remember the day he called and said they offered him the job! I was at work and he called, I started crying and one of the deputies came to see if I was ok...amazing how time flies!  


The interior of the cabinet

Left side door...
After painting

Ready for stuff!
Tomorrow we head for Carson City again... we brought Adam's quad over from CA awhile ago and now it needs a new battery so we'll pick one up there.  Maybe a little Christmas shopping if I can talk someone into it..:) 

Looks like November 6th Cheryl, Adam and I will head for Eureka to take a tour of Humboldt College.  Adam is really interested in that one, as they have a really good Biology program.  So we'll head on  Sunday, appt Monday then we'll see..

Adam's cousin Ben caught 2 huge Salmon!

Thought this was cute..Adam was tuckered after school...

No comments:

Post a Comment