About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

A busy week and then Homecoming at Golden Sierra High School

Gee the week just goes and I don't know what happened to it..we were home mostly.  Ken worked on firewood as it looks like it'll be needed here very shortly!  He did get some work done on the bunkhouse and now a trip to Lowe's is in order for some more insulation and plywood..getting there!  

Yesterday morning (Friday) I left here at 0615 so I could head over to Winco in Roseville quickly and pick up a few things to take to Russell's work downtown.  I spent Thursday making potato salad, poblano potato salad, baked beans and cookies and brownies.  I ordered chicken from Winco and picked that up and headed down to the welfare office.  Got there about 1145 and Russell and friends seemed to enjoy the lunch I brought.  We started that several years ago of taking lunch there every once in awhile but it's been about a year and half since the last time.  Spent a nice few hours chatting with them and watching them eat!  Makes my heart happy!  

After leaving there I headed to Bryan's so we could head over to Golden Sierra High School for Homecoming.  Took a few pictures of Bryan's family..





Adam and Katie...


Mercedes convertible, their ride! 

Seth was playing in the JV game so we all wanted to see that.  Actually got to see ALL our sons, two daughter in laws and 3 out of 5 grandsons..doesn't happen often now a days..

Anyway...Seth's team blew it away!  Seth is number 25!  One thing I really liked but missed the picture..the boys all pray together, along with their coaches before the game..and every single one stood hand over heart when the National Anthem was sung!! :) 

Seth played a lot, but when they're on the field I can't tell who's who...


Look for 25...that's my grandson!









Half time JV cheerleaders

.  






During each half time they had a spirit parade from each of the classes and then "royalty" in vehicles going around the track.  It was pretty well done and inventive.. I really don't have any pics from that as my phone pictures were awful and then my camera was shaky..so what I have is below.  

Adam and Katie waiting to be in the JV parade..
Bryan drove them this time...

Adam and Katie Varsity Parade..Uncle Eric is driving..



Van in the middle...the owner of the Mercedes..sweet guy to bring
the car up for Adam's ride..




Tonight is the Homecoming Dance..Adam's ready!
Tonight is Oakmont's Homecoming Dance..our
Grandson Jacob and his girlfriend Alyssa..beautiful
couple!  (Russell and Lori's oldest almost 15)..

It got so cold last night at the game we were all shaking...gotta admit glad when we got back in the car to head back to Bryan's house.  Miss Lucy was very glad to see Cheryl especially ..you would think she was gone a month...so cute! 

While we were at the game, Van bought us all cheeseburgers from the snack bar..so yummy!  So when we got home, we all enjoyed a nice adult beverage or two or three..haha..I ended up staying up with Bryan till about 0100..nice visit.  

Yesterday was actually seven years since I lost my mom (MA) ...she would be so proud of how all these boys are turning out.  Fine young men..gotta admit we're pretty proud of them all ourselves!  Again the day she passed away was one of the worst days of our lives..also in the am it one of the best as we found out we would be able to afford to retire.  Life goes on, and we miss her like crazy...especially at times like these, but hoping she sees and knows..Love you mom! 

This morning Adam and I ran over to America's Tire so he could get his tires rotated and a flat fixed.  They did it all for free which was nice.  Bryan usually buys tires there, so I am sure they figure down the road there will be another sale!  Stopped at Target and then I headed home and he headed back to Georgetown to get ready for the dance tonight.  

I had a nice drive home, but stopped several times as I was sleepy..Ken and our neighbor Joe had headed to Gardnerville and got home not too long after I was here..didn't do anything once i got home..I gotta say.  That's what tomorrow's for right! 

Happy Birthday to my sister in law and friend Diane..she turns 62 today!  Social Security and National Parks Pass! Yippee..Life is good!  




My Daddy's younger brother..he's 93 1/2..Uncle Lewis..
I sure see my daddy in this picture!  

This is my cousin Melody (Uncle Lewis's Daughter)..she is with Uncle Victor
the baby of my daddy's family..he's in his mid 80's I would think..


Today Adam's cousin Ben got his first deer while hunting..Congratulations Ben!



Eric just posted this picture tonight of Mason working on the transmission of the 61 Impala..so cute!  Mason is so tall now, I swear every time I see him he's grown inches!!


Mason!


No comments:

Post a Comment