About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, August 19, 2016

More work on the bunkhouse...

We've been around the house since the last trip to Minden / Gardnerville area.  Ken's been out in the bunkhouse working on it.  Not sure how he stands it as it is so hot here.  I'll be so glad when it cools down!  

Got some more insulation up and a few more pieces of plywood up! We're loving the look!  This morning will be another trip to Fernley and Lowe's.  Time to buy insulation and more plywood.  So far the insulation has been free as it was left here and in Winnemucca.  Time to bite the bullet and spend some money!  It's not cheap, but sure it will make a huge difference when it comes to heating and cooling the bunkhouse.  We've decided to put a small wall air conditioner in it too.  
Ken working in the loft area over the front door..


The little loft is done on the right side...More insulation up...

Diane and Greg will be here on Monday some time so work will cease for a day or two.  

It's already really warm as I type this at 0630! uhhhh....

About a month ago or so when we were at Bryan and Cheryl's we had picked up some Winco chicken and potato salad. One of them was poblano chili potato salad, it was so good.  So yesterday I decided to see if I could make some, it was delicious.  A whole new taste from the traditional potato salad.  Less fat too, as I used fat free sour cream and low fat mayo.  I'll be making that again.  

Also, made a crustless quiche yesterday (yum)...Never made one before, but had some mushrooms and other veggies I wanted to cook up. I used egg beaters and it turned out delicious.  Also, I didn't want to heat up the kitchen so this one was cooked in a cast iron skillet on very low heat for only 20 minutes. Something else i'll make again!  

Yesterday afternoon I got 3 of the six squares cut for the quilt.  This one will be really simple, but if I like the end result I may invest in some good cutting tools and board.  We'll see...:)



3 of the 6 patterns cut..





Sun going down off the back porch...

And it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment