About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Here I am all by myself...

Yesterday we headed for Lowe's and got our plywood and R19 insulation for the rest of the ceiling in the bunkhouse.  Glad we're not building a house, it's not cheap!  

On the way we went by the trails where Best In The Desert will be coming through on Saturday..Ken went last year for the day and drove home.  His buddies, from Sacramento area will be there, we actually went by the place a guy bought in Silver Springs to see if we could catch Joel, but he was out on a ride.  

So, this morning Ken decided to go ahead and take the Cabover on the Money Pit and head over there...I was invited, but being out in the heat for hours just didn't do it for me.  So I made him some lunch and dinner and off he went.  He called in the afternoon having a good time, said the beer was flowing, so he was spending the night..(which is why he took the cabover, just in case)...a couple of hours later, I got a text from one of the guys, showing trucks flying over the desert..it does look like fun to watch, just wish it wasn't in August.  

I worked on the quilt, got 8 rows done and it's looking pretty good..not perfect, but then again, i'm thinking when my grandma made quilts I doubt they lined up perfectly, so I'm liking the "character"...and when I talked to Ken..he said..I'd be the first to say it has "character" cause I say that all the time around here..figure 4 more rows at least then on to the batting and backing.  Doubt that anymore will get done till after Greg and Diane leave on Wed.  but that's ok..
8 rows..probably 12 or 14 needed...


I've probably told this story before, but when my mom came over from Austria in 1949..Daddy took her to Grandma and Grandpa Phillips house to meet them. When they went to bed the first night my mom told my daddy that they needed to buy grandma and grandpa some blankets because they were using rags on the bed..yep Quilts..and momma didn't know that's what they were..wish I had them now...

My curtain material came for the bunkhouse yesterday..so guess i'll be busy..

Don sent some pictures of rain in TN...amazing..
This is where Don usually puts our tractor till we come get them..

Crossing to where his cabin is..not for a few days anyway

Don said this creek was almost dry..goes to show ya..


Jacob has such a good heart...They were visiting friends with little girls..he is always the heart throb...


They did his hair...hahaa

Here he is with his harem...




Seth has a football scrimmage today...he's #28...





Adam had a dance last night...Spirit Dance..so here's he and his friend (no not girlfriend)...Kate..



No comments:

Post a Comment