About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Some special time with Ken's mom..waking up in Gardnerville, NV

Wednesday was spent working on my kitchen curtains.  I swear the measuring and the ironing to get them set up to sew takes forever!  That's all done, so hoping Sunday, our next full day home I can get them done!  Then all that will be left is a new floor, not sure when that'll happen but hopefully soon! 

Wednesday was also our youngest grandson, Aaron's 14th birthday! Can't believe all those baby boys are 14 and older!! 
Aaron :)

Baby Aaron with his big brother Jacob :) 



Thursday, I met our neighbor Karen at an antique store in Mason, a little hole in the wall about 10 miles out.  We spent a good hour or so looking through all the stuff.  Nothing jumped out at me, so I watched her spend a lot of $$$.  WOW! 

After that I headed to town and decided to see if my hair salon was busy. I got my hair cut then, that way I didn't have to go back to town at 1400 for the appointment. Stopped by Raley's and headed home to see what the hubby was up to.  

A day or two ago, we were talking about going over to visit Ken's mom in Carmichael, CA.  We hadn't seen her since Christmas and with surgery Monday I was thinking it would be quite a while before we'd be seeing her again.  Ken gave her a call and said we'd be there about 1100 on Friday.

Friday morning we had the alarm set for 0430 but i was up at 0400, plugged in the coffee and then a little before 0430 woke Ken up.  We did a shortened visiting with our blogging friends, and got ourselves ready.  I made him a egg, bacon and cheese english muffin for the road and I had my low carb half sandwich with egg beaters and half a slice of cheese.  A few strawberries too! YUM..we left just a little before 0700.  A beautiful drive down I 80 which wasn't too bad considering the traffic wasn't bad at all until you neared Roseville, CA. 
A beautiful morning leaving Yerington, NV

The moon was still high

I 80 lots of snow!


The rest area, never seen so much snow!


We got to Grandma's about 1045 and visited with her and Ken's sister, Diane for a few hours.  We decided to go to lunch at 1300 or so.  Our favorite server, Chris saw us as soon as we came in, and we were served our beer and wine almost as soon as we were seated. It's amazing, he only sees us a couple of times a year but always remembers what we drink along with my ice! 
Grandma's beautiful home

Ken's mom, Alice and Ken! :) 

We had a great meal and conversation!  A little after 1400 we were back on the road again, and Diane took Grandma home. So glad we took the time to head over the hill.  Love you Grandma! 
Grandma, Diane and Ken :) 
Highway 50 for the drive to Gardnerville, NV





My favorite area in the spring..Hope Valley!

We made reservations at Carson Valley Motor Lodge instead of going directly home.  Ken's got pills to pick up  and we want to make sure we can find the surgery center on Monday.  We got to our room around 1730 and settled in.  

Saturday morning we're waking up to a little rain, so we're taking our time getting ready. We'll be home sometime this afternoon.  :) 

Have a great day everyone! 


11 comments:

  1. What a nice visit with Ken's mom, nice that you can still do that. Thats a lot of snow, glad we don't have to deal with that this year again.
    When I had my restaurant one this we remembered about most of our customers is what they ate and drank, did not remember names much , but so many faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the visit. Wish I could visit my mom :( Yes, I like looking at the snow from the inside :)

      Delete
  2. Nice visit with Ken's mom and sister. I can't believe the snow in those photos. That is high!! Good luck on Monday Ken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb..he is looking forward to getting it over with! Always nice to see family for sure!

      Delete
  3. Nice to be able to visit with Ken's Mom before his Surgery.
    Good Luck on Monday Ken.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the weekend.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice visit even if it was short..better than nothing! Thanks Rick!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a very nice visit. I think I said it before but it is worth repeating...what a great picture of Ken and his Mom...:)
    That is a lot of snow and better to be seen from afar in pictures. The mountains are beautiful though.
    We will be thinking of Ken on Monday and I am sure it will be more then nice to have the surgery behind and moving forward with the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pic of Ken and his mom too :) Yes he's looking forward to it and getting the healing going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's quite a drive 'over the hill'! Hope we don't run into snow banks like that on the way home.
    Best of luck to Ken with his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah it is but we do it quite often, or at least I used to when I'd pick up grandchildren. Now some of them drive so saves me the trip when they can find time in their busy schedules to come visit! Thanks Dave, appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing How to make kitchen curtains

    ReplyDelete