About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, March 16, 2019

A change in color and finishing the paint job! Eric and Mason are headed over today! :)

Thursday night while sitting in the living room we were looking and loving the kitchen.  Then we decided we should have painted the top over the cabinets grey instead of red.  Of course at the time we were planning on all white cabinets but that all changed.  

Friday morning I ran to Raley's to get things for the weekend.  By the time I got back Ken had painted that area grey!  It looks fantastic, not that the red didn't, but grey definitely looks better. haha.  Put away the groceries and put my painting clothes on.  Ken and I painted the rest of the kitchen and gotta say we love the way it turned out! Told you Deb (On a long and lonesome highway) you would be tired of my pictures before it's over..haha..
This was how we originally painted it, but we thought we would
have plain white cabinets..

Here is the grey..much better don't ya think?!

Red, White and Grey..I'm loving it! New ceiling fan today
and soon a new floor..one happy girl! 

Curtains should be gone next week as I have material
for new ones..The red shelf was made by youngest son, Russell
when he was in 9th grade.  I've got 3 one that each son made :) 

Weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so that'll be great.  In the 60's so we'll take it.  Better get going, this grandma's got to bake some cookies this am!  Have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

  1. Much better!! The gray defines the cabinets. I wondered about the blue curtains (red white blue?) so I'm curious to see what you come up with for the windows. You are a lucky girl but I suppose you have waited for it a long time. You certainly deserve it with all the cooking you do in your kitchen!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the red above the cupboards, but the grey is better. With the new ceiling fan and floor, it will be perfect. Great to hear everything for Ken's surgery is on track, all the best for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking even better going be awesome when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree with Bill that I liked the Red but the Grey does brighten up the room. Waiting to see the finished product with the new Ceiling Fan and Curtains.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete