About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, March 8, 2019

Home from Washoe, Ken gets wood, work on the kitchen

We left Washoe Lake State Park about 1045 we were early! Our usual leave time is 1100 no matter what time we get up! It was a great morning of blog reading, coffee, muffins and then after our showers breakfast. Nice leisurely morning!  We were home by 1215, we love that commute! 

*click on pics to enlarge* 



Just love the clouds! 

My new dining retro chairs were in two boxes on the front porch.  I had to open them (like a kid at Christmas).  I love them, so does Ken. We proceeded to get the trailer unloaded and then a little after 1300 we stopped for a quickie lunch. 
I'm so in love! 



I wanted to run by the post office to mail our taxes off to Winnemucca and then to True Value to get paint samples to match with our chairs.  We had a good time using the samples and picking the right one.  That's my plan on Saturday morning to grab some paint and get started :) 

Around 1700 our neighbor Karen stopped by for a few minutes. If the weather is  better this weekend we'll probably get together for a bit.  After that Ken and I had a drink or two.  Earlier in the day I made up the fixings for tuna melts. Thanks George! Our Awesome Travels .  You can find the recipe on George's blog if you're interested! These are so good and simple! We put them together, Ken's were on english muffins and I had part of a low carb tortilla shell..Oh they were so good! Ken had my left over fries from CVI and I had a scoop of cottage cheese.  Great dinner, so good we're doing it again tonight! 
Those lumps underneath are jalapeƱos ! YUM!

I have to say my day was made yesterday. While we were reading blogs, daughter in law Christina called just to chat.  A little while later our youngest son Russell called and we caught up.  On the way home our middle son, Eric called to tell us he got insurance on the 61 Impala he's been working on. One step closer to being on the road! YAY Eric! 

I had a lousy night's sleep. Hot, cold, clammy, wild dreams uhh was awake from about 0330.  Should have gotten up but instead just lay there thinking.  I should have remembered I had to amend grandson's taxes as he forgot about a W2 that he didn't get until beginning of March.  The company was flaky from the start, a little coffee shop in Cool, CA.  

At 0530 I started the coffee and got the hubby up to start the day.  We enjoyed visiting with our blogging friends and then the day got started.  Ken was heading for Gardnerville to pick up some firewood from the nursery. Then he stopped by Raley's to pick up my pills and a quick stop at Walmart.  
Thanks Don! Your trailer sure comes in handy for all that wood!

I decided to stay home to get Adam's taxes done and out of the way (Success). Ken got home while I was just finishing.  First time I've used TAX ACT for Bryan's and Adam's. Gotta say they make it too easy.  Most of them for free if your return is simple.  I called daughter in law, Cheryl just to catch up. 

We had another easy lunch today and then on to our own things. I took the handles off all the cabinets and drawers.  First time I've used a cordless drill but sure made things easy, except the last two which Ken was able to get. I washed down all the cabinets and inside one of them that definitely needs to painted inside.  
Into the garbage you go..my old handles

One inside cabinet to be painted..1985 wall paper..time to go :)

About 1600 we both called it quits and time for Happy Hour!  

Eric texted this am that he got tags for the 61 so we expect to see it on the road soon! 
1961 Chevy Impala is registered and ready for
the road

Preview of June! We have two grandsons graduating high school then! 


Seth trying on his cap and gown..then on to
the Marines in August
Cowboy dreams...I took this picture at the
Winnemucca Ranch Hand Rodeo..3
years ago..Popped up on FB :)


7 comments:

  1. Always good to see the trailer being put to use. That wood should get you through this winter.

    The chairs are cool. Looking forward to seeing them in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping! Ken is thinking about going for another load while they still have it available, we'll see. Yes I can hardly wait myself to see it all put together!

      Delete
  2. Love those chairs, they will match your table perfectly! What a great find!
    Are you sure you want to throw those handles out? You might be able to create a wall masterpiece for the bunky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with the chairs and that we found the table. Those handles are already gone! haha.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the Tuna Melts, think maybe time for us to enjoy them as well soon. Love the table and Chairs can't wait to see the finished kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool chairs. I'm looking forward to seeing the work in progress on the kitchen. Cordless drills are the best. I use one to raise and lower the back feet on the Igloo and for other things as well but that seems to be where it gets the most use. Keep on having fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the pictures I would say that is a very nice commute. Great chairs really love the color. looking forward to more pictures of the work in progress. Happy Painting.
    Good looking grandson.

    ReplyDelete