About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Ken's appointment was awesome! Shopping and Linner!

We left the campground at just about 0830 to be in Reno for Ken's 0930 appointment. WE made it with time to spare, so we headed inside.  They got him in pretty close and it seemed to me it took a long time, so I"m thinking "oh boy things aren't good".  Nope, the eye drops are working and his eye pressure is about the same as it was 3 months ago. YAY! We're both happy.  He goes back to this doctor in July and to his regular ophthalmologist in May.  I love that these doctors are keeping such a good watch on his eyes!  
Water puddles across from our campsite..yep we got a lot
of rain! 

Gotta love those clouds!





We headed for Cabela's after that..why not right? Ken was looking for a new pistol case for one of his guns.  He found one and some ammo. He had a gift card for using some of his rewards points from his credit card so his purchase was virtually free.  He pays his balance in full every month so the points accumulate pretty quickly.  

From there, Total Wine to pick up my organic wine.  I had already been online, purchased what I wanted so it was a matter of going in to pick it up! Then on to Winco and some grocery shopping.  I love this store, but this is the closest to us for now. They are supposed to be building one in Carson City and that will cut off some time for sure. 



Such a mixture of clouds, sun, rain, wind...all day! 

We were trying to decide what to do about lunch?! In the end we came by the campground, dropped off the ice chest and headed for CVI in Minden. Our go to place  as the food, service, drink and price is good. I had my usual, turkey burger no bun, 2 fries and now i've learned to ask for a side of ranch.  I take the lettuce, tomato and onion and make a little salad..so good.  Ken had their Big Bird, (grilled turkey with bacon and cheese sandwich) and fries.  We brought my fries home and he'll have those with dinner tomorrow. We had Jose, who Carmen had introduced us to one evening we were there. Great server! 

We got home and it's windy and cold. At this point other than the camp host, we're the only ones in this loop of the campground. 

We'll head home tomorrow after breakfast. I'm excited about getting started on the kitchen. Our new (retro) dining chairs were delivered yesterday so can't wait to see them. 

Last night our middle son, Eric offered to come and install the fan for me.  Bonus, not only do we get to see our son, Christina and the grandsons, I know he'll do an awesome job! Thanks Eric! Don't know when, and I know everyone's busy, but it'll be sooner than 6 months! 

Have a great day! 

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the doctor appointment was awesome. And Dinner sounds wonderful. Nice that Eric will take care of that wiring for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I am a blessed mama for sure. Yes we were both happy the drops are working!

      Delete
  2. I have Glaucoma too and get my eye pressure checked regularly. They also take a picture of my Optic Nerve and compare it to pictures in the past to see any damage before it gets too far along. So far, drops are working for me too. Ken should be getting some pretty good sympathy from you,,,:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they check his optic nerve too. Did they try surgery on you too? By the end of the month he will be getting more sympathy for sure. He gets quite a bit now as I know how bad that shoulder is hurting.

      Delete
    2. No surgery yet. Drops are still working.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read the good news...yeah!
    How nice to have a helpful child willing to come and help. Plus, the bonus of family visiting.
    Your pictures of the mountains are gorgeous. Glad you got your wine...lol
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb. Yeah he's a good kid, they all are really and I know if I asked they would be here. He actually called today and said he would have been mad if I called an electrician. Yes the bonus of seeing them all..now to buy the fan so I have it when they can come:) Thank you, love those mountains. I love Total Wine, just wish they were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news!!!! Happy to hear.
    I love the photos, so pretty.
    Wonderful of your son to offer to help and a visit besides. It's all good.
    Stay warm. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Yep any excuse for a visit haha..hmmm I need a new floor..just kidding..

      Delete
  6. That is great news about Ken's appointment! I'm sure you're anxious to see the chairs and get to work.
    Nice that Eric is looking after his Mama and Papa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE were very happy with the appointment for sure! I love the chairs! Yes I'm anxious to get paint tomorrow and start! Eric's a good kid for sure!

      Delete