About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Home and then Tragedy in Vegas...:(

Sunday morning I made egg mc muffins for the boys before running Aaron to Rocklin for his basketball games.  Met Russell and Lori and had a nice chit chat for a few minutes.  Then I left and took Jacob home to Antelope as he didn't want to spend all day at basketball.  He had homework too, hopefully it got done. 
This is Leaf..the stud..

One of his girlfriends (for a week or two)

I headed back to Eric's house and did a little clean up from breakfast.  Made some tuna sandwiches for the boys and then about 1245 I left and headed home. I drove I80 and the new USA Parkway between Reno and Fernley.  Yes it is quicker but whoever designated the speed limit on that road is nuts.  The highest speed is 55.  When you hit Highway 50 it immediately goes to 65 and that's only a 2 lane road.  The parkway is 4 lanes with a division in the middle.  

I brought home some enchiladas and coleslaw so there was no work for dinner.  Yum.  

Got up yesterday and got some things done and then I started on my Christmas quilt. I cut out all the squares I think I'm going to need. That's the hardest part I think and the most tedious.  But got it done.  
Laying out the quilt (partial)

Partially put together this afternoon..

Today we set the alarm for 0400 as we were headed to Gardnerville to stop at Walmart and then rent the cement mixer.  We left here a little after 0600 and were at the rental place at 0800.  They only have one mixer and it was in Lake Tahoe, darn.  It was supposed to be back sometime today. Ken called before they closed and it wasn't back yet so we decided to call Lowe's and see if they still had a mixer for sale.  They did, and are giving us the display model without charging for assembly.  Tomorrow morning we'll head for Fernley and get our new mixer.  We didn't plan on it, but waiting until we can rent the mixer just isn't going to work.  Ken should be able to get the footings poured tomorrow if things go as planned. 
On my way home on Sunday...a little color

A little fog on our way to Gardnerville

Our beautiful Wilson Canyon




Fields are ready..


These are ready to be harvested..



Looks like we're probably going to head for Washoe Lake State Park on Friday for 2 nights.  The Outhouse Races in Virginia City are on Saturday. We've always wanted to go and haven't so it looks like this is the year. 
Popped up on FB..Swamp tour in Louisiana..2012..so much
fun!

I woke up yesterday morning about 0400, checked Facebook and was so shocked to hear about the mass murders at a concert in Las Vegas!  Turned on the news and it's like time stood still...we couldn't believe our eyes.  So horrible that one sick man could hate so much that he could shoot and kill so many innocent people.  The heartbreak and pain is so intense. My heart breaks for all those affected in one way or another.  The first responders, the civilian heroes, the stories that are coming out of Las Vegas..the stories that have us in tears..Pray, Pray, Pray...that's all we can do now.  



2 comments:

  1. Getting things done and still out and about, good luck with your cement work. So very sad about Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to buy what you need. Renting is a great idea but things need to be available when you need them.
    your quilt looks awesome. It is something I've never done but my daughter got her hand into it a bit years ago. Something she can do when she retires and has some time. :) Las Vegas, how many times can our hearts be broken? As if natural disasters aren't bad enough, then we get these idiots!

    ReplyDelete