About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, June 18, 2018

Father's day, enchiladas and beer margaritas..



Happy Father's Day!

Saturday morning it was time to take the boys home. :(  Our middle son, Eric had called Friday night and offered to meet me on I 80 so I didn't have to drive all the way to Antelope and Cool. Nice of him to do that, as I don't mind the drive but since he offered, no way I wouldn't take him up on it.  The kids and I headed to town in the Patriot and we met Ken at Dini's for breakfast before I took them home. Tummies full, we headed out. 

A nice quiet drive to Reno. Aaron was up until 0300 and Mason 0400 so they slept a lot of the way.  I met Eric at Verdi at about 1015, a little chit chat and he was on his way down the hill. Thanks Eric! 


I had a great drive home, listening to Chris LeDoux his Horsepower CD. Funny thing is I like the CD, but LOVE 4 of the songs, #8,9,10 and 12, so I just play them over and over (there may be some singing along too).  That's ok  as long as I'm by myself. haha. 


Once I got home, I made up the beds and did a little clean up of the boys rooms. After that I basically did nothing the rest of the afternoon. I was whipped. Found my favorite movie, Overboard and watched it. I've only seen it a ton of times, but still love that movie! Eventually we had left overs for dinner and called it a night. 

Today being Father's Day, Ken has talked to 2 of his boys so far.  Bryan is working overtime, so they have played phone tag a couple of times. I'm sure they'll talk later. (And they did).

Father's Day is one of those days that makes me miss my daddy even more. We always used to get together for a bar b q and it was just good times. He was such a special man who loved his girls and then his grandsons. He left us way too soon and is missed every day. Every time there's any event in the family we still say Daddy (Popo) would have loved this (whatever it is). 
My daddy and Russell, 1990 in Vegas..

Me, Daddy and Wendy

That's my mom and dad! Daddy was always happy ;)

We (well I was) were watching Pioneer Woman this am while visiting with our blogging friends. She made enchiladas and coleslaw along with pulled pork.  Ok that's what Ken's getting for dinner, well the enchiladas and coleslaw part. I ran to town and got the things needed.  I spent some time this afternoon in the kitchen getting all the goodies together, gotta admit they look awesome. I've got stuff for beer margaritas too (Deb). Sounds good with enchiladas. 
My veggie enchiladas
Ken's tray made with ground turkey

I made up some applesauce oatmeal muffins as we've been out for a few days. 

Done now, time for a Beer Margarita..YUM! 
Ingredients for a beer margarita..simple and so tasty!

Don't they look yummy!

Ken loves these beer margaritas, almost out Deb! 

Happy Father's Day Ken! 

Sunset from our front porch here in Yerington, NV...It was a cool
and windy day, never topping 70..

 Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there who have experienced the joys of being a dad!! An extra special Happy Father's Day to our 3 sons of who we couldn't be more proud of in the way they are raising their sons :)


Our sons Eric and Russell were out with their wives side of the family at Top Golf  yesterday. Here's a few pics from there. 
Siblings and their Dad Bobby.  From left..Michael, Lori, Bobby and
Christina.  Lori and Christina are our daughter in laws..:)

Jacob

Gotta love this picture...From left..Aaron, Jacob, their dad Russell
Eric and his sons Seth and Mason :)

Mason

Russell (the short one)..Aaron and Jacob..:)

Have a wonderful evening!

Had every plan of posting last night but that didn't happen..courtesy of the beer margaritas (Thanks Deb..haha).  Woke up about 0600 this morning (Monday). We're going to get ready and head for Lowe's in Fernley. Ken plans on burying the electrical to the bunkhouse so it'll be hooked up to electricity permanently. He's making my long awaited bookshelf for the living room (YES)..we're able to use some of the leftover wood we found in the garage attic, so just have to decide what kind of stain etc we want on it. Love these little projects! 

Have a wonderful day! 

2 comments:

  1. What fun time , and Father's Day to boot.
    Love those Beer Margaritas too, they so tasty !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that was a fun post. You had a good time with the boys.
    Your enchiladas look so good! The beer margaritas are addicting for sure, no wonder you didn't get a post done!
    Not only do I love Jacob's smiles but I'm understanding where they came from. Your Daddy seems like an awesome smiling man too! :)

    ReplyDelete