About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, May 25, 2018

Getting things done..Happy Anniversary Russell and Lori!

Thank you friends for the messages regarding the passing of our daughter in laws mother. So much appreciated. The girls along with husbands, Michael (their brother), Linda's brother Tom and their dad spent yesterday doing all the things that need to be done in order to lay Linda to rest. Christina called yesterday and said they had settled on June 2nd at 1100 where Linda's mother, Pauline is buried. They'll be doing a lunch in a park after the service. We'll be there. 

Ken had a Dr. appointment with a new doctor in Wellington on Wednesday.  It's about 35 minutes from here. His former doctor, Cody had moved back to Wyoming where he was from.  This Dr. likes to just be called Danny. Ken said he's very young, but from the area so he'll be staying. Ken really liked him so that's a good thing. 
Ken had a fasting blood test yesterday so needless to say he got going early.  

He got home, I cooked up some breakfast and then we headed for Gardnerville. Time for a trip to Walmart and then to Raley's to pick up his new blood pressure meds. After that it was about 1300..so you know what that means! Time for Carson Valley Inn and a delicious lunch served by our favorite waitress, Carmen. She waved us in and in a few minutes our drinks were on the table. After lunch it's our little over an hour drive home, so nap time for me. I swear this is the only time I nap in the car. haha. 

  Ken bar b q ued some delicious chicken last night to take with us to Tonopah. We're not big on eating dinner out so it's always nice to have dinner in the room.  He also bar b q ued some leftover hamburger and that was my mistake. I wasn't even hungry, but it looked so good I ate it..well there went my night's sleep.uhh..but it was delicious. 

This is Friday and figured I'd get this post going as the next one will be from Tonopah, NV and Jim Butler Days.  Always a fun time and this will be our 3rd year of going. 
Russell and Lori, May 24, 1997

Can't leave this post without a Happy Anniversary (May 24) to our youngest son, Russell and his lovely bride, Lori.  21 years these two have been married. 

I remember when he was a senior in high school and he was working at Big O Tires he came to me not too long before graduation and asked if he could borrow a couple of hundred dollars. (He did pay me back too).  What for? He said, "Mom, I want to ask Lori to marry me"  ok,  We talked and he said friends were telling him to just live with her because they're so young.  He told me, "Mom I love her too much to just live with her!"   Here you go son, $$..
From left..Bobby, Linda, Lori, Russell, Me and Ken..

The bride and groom...

Russell, his best man, George, Eric and Bryan..:)

I knew he was going to ask her on graduation night.  After graduation we all went down to the field and there was Lori with her ring on hand. I remember Lori's mom, Linda holding Lori's hand up to show Bobby (her hubby) saying "OH my God, look what Russell gave Lori"..tears everywhere. 

He left for the Marines in August of 96 and they married May 24, 1997. Both of them just 18, but 21 years and 2 boys later they are just as much in love as way back then.  Happy Anniversary you two! 
Christmas pic of Lori, Russell, Aaron
and Jacob..

Time to get ready for our weekend in Tonopah, gotta get the dancing shoes on! 


6 comments:

  1. What a sweet love story. Russell was always a great kid and now a great man. Love to all....Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.thank you Elva..he hasn't changed a bit that's for sure! xoxox

      Delete
  2. What wonderful story.
    Like you when I eat beef it causes me similar issues as well.
    Now you are ready to party !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ..sure doesn't seem that long ago we had that conversation! Party we did!! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to the love birds. What a beautiful story, married the same day (21 days after our wedding) as my daughter (the first time) in 97 but Bridgette's didn't last. Still 2 beautiful boys were the product. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you..Yep those grandsons would be time well spent being married. :)

    ReplyDelete